Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Is it the ...

52300-TK5-A02 SPRING, RR. STABILIZER
[TL | 2011 | 4DR TECH (AWD) | KA 6MT

Can you re use the factory end links?

And On2, if you could explain what you are experiencing for chassis "looseness". I we talking creaking, shifting? Just looking to know if ill regret the upgrade based on it making the car feel or sound cheaper.

· Registered
54 Posts
Yes that is it. Yes use the factory end links. They seem beefy enough IMHO.

The sound of your car will not change from upgrading the sway bar. There are only positives to this upgrade. Looseness as in the chassis is not stiff like many European cars or some sports cars.

If you feel like you need adjustable spherical end links, the ones from Progress Suspension will fit.

If you feel like you need a bigger rear sway bar, the 22mm and 24mm rear sway bar from Progress Suspension will fit, however will induce oversteer even more so without a front bar upgrade.
Thank you!

What i was getting at was, the looseness you describe, what gives that impression if not a sound?

· Registered
54 Posts
Gqneo, you can google what a sway bar does but basically it makes the wheels stop behaving independently of each other. Having a 22mm bar on mine does make the back end feel more planted when doing 75 mph sweeping interstate exits (where it doesn't feel like the backend is about to jump when I hit a bump or sway side to side), but the downside is that speed bumps and turning onto my driveway I feel a pretty significant jolt.
I know what sway bars do, i know it tightens up the handling, thats why i was asking about the "looseness" On2 is mentioning. I have had aftermarket sway bars (eibach, whiteline, progress) on every vehicle ive owned. And the only negative was on one of them, my mazdaspeed3, ere was a horrible squeak from the bushings in cold temps, lubed or not.

· Registered
54 Posts
Gonna do this and install mine tomorrow likely when i take my winter wheels off. Proper order hints?

Im thinking ... Remove bolts from links and loosen from brackets ... Jack up car, remove drivers side wheel, remove bar, place new bar and wheel, lower and tighten .. Move to passenger side.

Sound like a proper order?

Specific torque for the brackets or end link bolts?

· Registered
54 Posts
Fack me ... This was a pain in the ass to do.

Took me 2 hours on my garage floor to swap my winter wheels off and remove/install the sway bar.

Honda did this ass backwards. My mazdaspeed3 sway bar was swapped on and off in 20min.

· Registered
54 Posts
Hondas placement of the bolts, choosing to have them removed from the top of the mount rather than the bottom is what was awkward.

... I believe i read that someone did this with wheels on even .. What a pain that would be, perhaps my hands were just too big.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.