Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been experiencing this squeaky noise on my front driver side coil over every time when I’m on the freeway or so over bumps. It’s constant squeak sound each time I go over dip or bump. My car is 2016 with 18,000 miles. I installed the coilover around 16,000 miles and I been riding with the noise and it’s kind of bugging me. Everything seems tight. The lca and sway bar links I checked seem tight. The squeak tends to come and go depending on the temperature outside I noticed. Sometimes it’s constant and more loud and sometimes i can barely Hear it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just install Tein AS Z on 2017 Accord touring sedan v6 with 6000 miles and had binding nose on driver side when turning at low speed, sprayed top hat bearing with WD 40 binding gone. If noise reappears will lube with lithium grease on upper and lower spring area, many write ups on this issue with coilovers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just install Tein AS Z on 2017 Accord touring sedan v6 with 6000 miles and had binding nose on driver side when turning at low speed, sprayed top hat bearing with WD 40 binding gone. If noise reappears will lube with lithium grease on upper and lower spring area, many write ups on this issue with coilovers.
My noise isn’t binding. When I turn at low speed it doesn’t bind or clunk anything. It just squeaks. Here a video with the window down, can hear more

·
Registered
238 Posts
I never had Teins but from my experience installing coilovers, I’d double check to make sure everything was torqued properly. If this wasn’t the case, have you played with the dampening settings yet? Try softening them a bit but make sure these settings are the same on both sides.

Also, as @Guido71 mentioned, that lithium grease can help in reducing metal-on-metal noise. The Permatex stuff works best in very small amounts or else it can become a serious magnet for dirt, dust, and other road debris. I picked up a small tube from Advance Auto myself for about $3 and applied some to the hinges of my Accord’s trunk and it made the trunk squeaking go away. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I soften the dampening and it’s atill the same. I tighten the top nut. Sprayed wd-40 lithium grease onto the bushings and coilover where the spring sits. Top hat. Nothing works.. haha darn it. Sucks that it’s basically brand new and sound like this -_-
I contacted tein and they told me to take the coilover apart and readjust to their recommended height and preload cause sometimes it doesn’t come Set... if noise still occur, I have to send the dampener in. So that’s another option but would leave me car less since I daily this car

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yea take it out and measure. The paperwork tells you the measurements it should have. Ideally should check before installing. For my 2003 I think it had 1/4" preload.

Also check the lock collars are tight with the spanner wrench. It should have a 1/2" hole in it to receive a 1/2" drive. Use it, hand tight with those little spanners isn't tight enough.

Lastly double check all bolts you touched and look for any signs of rubbing.

·
Registered
32 Posts

here is the squeak noise i hear when i turn my springs. Its the same noise im hearing when driving over bumps.

It did sound like the dust boot is rubbing against the spring or something.. its twisting with the coil when i turn the springs.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
BC coilovers had the same issue, their solution was to loosen and retighten the top 2 bolts that hold the shock to the camber plate. The flex z like the bc using a spherical bearing in the top hat instead of rubber

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it wasnt the coilover, problem solved. It was my endlinks bad. Changed it last oil change and noise never came back. been 4 months noise free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts