Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can’t defy physics and chemistry. Such short commute trip in winter kills my mpg...

Speedometer Gauge Odometer Vehicle Font

Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Vehicle Gauge

Odometer Trip computer Vehicle Speedometer Gauge

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yes, it does.
It's a hybrid.
The cold is rough on mpg regardless of hybrid or not... but hybrids seem to feel it more severely.

My wife's 2007 Camry Hybrid reliably got 38-40mpg in Spring and Fall. It dipped 1-2mpg on average if the temps went above 85 degrees... but would drop to the lower 30s when the temps fell below 32 degrees. If you add snow to the mix, then it could lower tank averages to 26-28mpg depending on the amount of snow.

·
Registered
‘21 HAH EX-L Platinum White Privilege
75 Posts
When it’s really cold even highway miles suffer. Took a 250 mile mainly interstate drive Tuesday with ambient temp around zero and consumption was 2.75g/100mi. Above 50F I’m below 2.0g/100mi.

·
Registered
86 Posts
30mpg on a short commute in winter isn't that bad considering other cars get 15-20 (in my experience).

Last year I averaged 48 mpg during December-February over about 5000 miles. These were mostly trips of 20 miles.

·
Registered
2021 Accord Hybrid Touring
12 Posts
I notice about the same on mine. I don’t usually have a need to do trips that short and I do park in an attached garage which helps.

Perhaps a PHEV would be a better choice for such short trips, I haven’t seen one that I’d like driving as much as the Accord though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts