Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
ok...need help...saw/drove a 335d and now i'm thinking about trading in the 2009 EXL coupe with 14,9xx miles.

BMW has an eco credit and holiday cash. that plus negotiating brings this down to ~40k even. they will give me 18.2k for mine.
so, effectively a 22k upgrade.

what do you guys think? keep my new accord or make the jump???

help!!!
thanks,
eric
:dunno:

·
lookin' clean
671 Posts
id honestly take the bmw if I had the money to do so. I've always been a honda guy but being around a bunch of friends with luxury euro cars it makes me want one.

335 > accord if money is no object.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Before I decided to buy my 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Navigation, I compared it with certifed BMW 5 series. I could not afford a new BMW so I drove both 2007 BMW 525i and 530i with around 15K miles on them. Since those were certified rather than new, the prices were comparable to a new Accord V6. Before driving these cars, I was leaning more towards the BMWs but as soon as I drove the Honda, I made up my mind that I shall go for the Honda. To me the Honda V6 engine seemed to be peppier (probably since it was brand new, I do not know why) and I definitely liked the roominess of the Honda. Also I hated the indicator nob of the BMW and I think that the Honda Navigation is better than the BMW navigation. Since I bought it, I love my Honda everyday that I ride it. The V6 engine is smooth and so powerful that I get total satisfaction out of it. You are considering a new BMW and that may make a difference. But then again it is a 3 series. Do drive the BMW and compare everything before you make up your mind.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you got the money, go for it. just remember how much your car depreciated from when you bought it. Then consider insurance and gas. As long as your not stuggling go for it. I had to makee the same choices when giv ing up my 09 mazda 6 and I was pissed that it deprec8iated 7 grand in 1 year and only drive 20k miles... body and interior was perfect

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 2 previous car were: 335i and 335i Convertibles, I love everything about them, exept they use premium gas, the interior is dated (same old), and they use run flat tire ( no spare tire). I have to carried a full size 18'' in my trunk the who time, or you can buy the custom small size spare tire for like 300$ bucks. But for twin turbo vrooommmm sound so good.:naughty: Oh and I have to make like 5 times ( each car) to visit to the dealer to change the DRL lights, made me so mad, cause for over 40K car and the bulbs last only few months. Remember my cars were the <i> model so the <d> model maybe a little bit diffrent.:dunno:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys...
yes the 335d is the diesel.
36 mpg, 425 ft lbs of torque, etc....

i was actually pleasantly suprised with only 5k depreciation on my 2 yr old accord (granted not even 15k miles) but still not bad.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Only YOU can make this decision. If you got the dough, go for it. But if upgrading to BMW is going to make you eat at McDonalds more often than you are used to, maybe you shouldn't. To me, BMW's are overpriced, but it's like buying Polo shirt for $80 for the horse when you can get basically same shirt for $20 without the horse.

·
niiice!
347 Posts
If you have the money go for it.
No one can decide on what will make you happy.
I'm just happy to have a Honda Accord Coupe with style thats way above anything BMW has created to date.

I honestly think people by BMW's because of there badge... They're a status car.
If I bought some luxury though, I'd probably go with Mercedes or Audi though. I honestly think the new models are better than BMW's.

BMW is all hype and high car-notes.

In all honestly though I only think the Honda Accord Coupe and Hyundai Genesis have made a major breakthough from the pack- and now have comparable or better style the the best looking Mercedes and Audi's. And the engine quality of a Honda, can NOT be beat. Oh and the interior of a top notch Honda package is still pretty nice.

Don't get me wrong. Luxury cars have that nice orange leather option, which kicks ass!

My .02. $

·
niiice!
347 Posts
Mercedes Benz SLR - top 3 fastest supercar in the world.

And it also has a pretty good engine.

Easy there boy.

·
1,927 Posts
335d is one BMW I'd consider. Plus don't forget the inevitable BMW jokes you will endure.

European cars are nice but maintenance is intensive and expensive. Durable, but durability does not necessarily equal reliability. No matter how you slice it, TCO will be higher with the Bimmer.

Speaking of durable, I read somewhere recently that the newest diesels aren't as durable as the older rock crushers because of all the electronics, emissions controls, and high-tech wizardry needed to meet emissions standards. Anyone hear anything similar?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mercedes Benz SLR - top 3 fastest supercar in the world.

And it also has a pretty good engine.

Easy there boy.
SLR < M6 G-Power Hurricane:thmsup:

617 hp < 750 hp

Speaking of Mers, my friend's 2008 CLK (70k) have to visit dealer all the time for electronic problems:dunno:

·
1,927 Posts
Like this one?
Actually, yes. Very much like that one. That was a good one.

Once upon a time, there was no YouTube, so we used to tell jokes instead, AND WE LIKED IT!

Q: What's the difference between a porcupine and BMWs?
A: The porcupine's pr*cks are on the outside.

96 Posts
335's are ****ing sexy. if you can afford it, id say go for it. the only thing that turned me off of BMW is the maintnance. i heard when you do a brake job its rotors, shoes, and pads? 1000$ an axle. not for me.

the twin turbo +1
duals coming out the back (that my 4 doesnt have) +1

brake jobs -1 ahaha

·
Gota love BLUE
643 Posts
needing a twin turbo to produce only 300hp is lame i rather get a slightly used g37

·
Registered
277 Posts
what about a lexus is?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi everyone!
ok...need help...saw/drove a 335d and now i'm thinking about trading in the 2009 EXL coupe with 14,9xx miles.

BMW has an eco credit and holiday cash. that plus negotiating brings this down to ~40k even. they will give me 18.2k for mine.
so, effectively a 22k upgrade.

what do you guys think? keep my new accord or make the jump???

help!!!
thanks,
eric
:dunno:
Yo Eric,
Do you currently own your accord or are you still making payments on it? Were you leaning more towards leasing the BMW or financing it to own it?

I use to work for BMW out here in Hawaii and i have to say i have driven just about all of their cars and they are phenomenal automobiles. Maintenance can be a bit pricey once out of warranty but for the first 4 years (50,000 miles) you pay nothing. Everything is covered from oil changes, to break pads, down to windshield wipers and so on.

If i could afford a BMW i would get it. That will hopefully be one car i will get in the future. I personally like the M3 Sedans but after seeing the 335id (Diesel) it really had my mind changed. Not only is it a turbo vehicle but it burns so clean, has gobs of power, gets great gas mileage and it's really super quiet for being a diesel. Your RPM's are ridiculously low while cruising at 80mph you'll be sitting at about 2,000 RPM's

my inlaws just picked up a X5 Turbo Diesel and that thing has some serious power for a 5500lb tank. I say go for it!

335's are ****ing sexy. if you can afford it, id say go for it. the only thing that turned me off of BMW is the maintnance. i heard when you do a brake job its rotors, shoes, and pads? 1000$ an axle. not for me.

the twin turbo +1
duals coming out the back (that my 4 doesnt have) +1

brake jobs -1 ahaha
You are correct. The break jobs are super expensive but as long as you are under warranty you are good on top of that if you take it to a mechanic outside of BMW it will cost less and if you do it yourself it will really be cheap.

needing a twin turbo to produce only 300hp is lame i rather get a slightly used g37
It's not that they need twin turbo's to produce 300hp it's smart. i've only had 2 vehicles that were not turbo including my V6 Accord . . . . they could have easily tossed on a murf turbo but for what purpose? It would just create a ton of turbo lag.

BMW is about being not only innovative but being well rounded at just about everything from everyday driving down to hitting the track and they are able to achieve that in just about every car they make. Those twin turbos allow for the car to create power down low in the power band.

I'm not trying to start a war, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i say don't be so quick to judge things as there is a reason they built it that way.

Tell me what straight 6 car from the factory with 0 after market mods is making:

265 hp @ 4200 rpms
&
425 trq @ 1750 rpms

1 - 20 of 34 Posts