Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been following this thread for the past three years, I love it. I benefited a lot from it. I did many mods to my car. They are mostly simple, I almost learned all of them for this forum. I don't think I executed these mods as well as most of people here, but I am happy with the results.

The car is originally 2008 Honda Accord LX
Here are the list of mods:
1. Leather steering wheel and shift know
2. EX OEM RIMS and GoodYear Performance Touring tires
3. Shark Fin Antenna body colored
4. Body colored splash guards
5. Chrome grill and door handles
6. Odessey grill flush on the outside
7. Trunk lid spoler
8. Yellow Nokya DRL
9. HFP decal on the sides and back
10.Garming GPS internally wired with on/off
11. Relocated axuliray input. iPOD installed with on/off switch
12. All weather matts

Here are some pics (sorry there is a limit of 5). I hope you enjoy:D Again thanks for all your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
very nice! and welcome officially to the forums. The odyssey grille flush looks great and the hood protector...thats actually the first one ive seen that i liked the look of it... looks tough...where did u get it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@denniswolf
Thanks for the comments. I will post more pics later today. I got the hood protector from http://www.bernardihonda.com/ parts department. I have been dealing with them for three years, and I am very happy with the service.

·
Registered
139 Posts
nicely done man:thmsup: welcome

·
Overdrive
618 Posts
I haven't seen that shark-fin roof antenna. Is that something Honda makes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
are those OEM chrome handles or the stick on ones from ebay?
btw what % tint do you have?
your car is looking nice

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
Really nice, especially with the lower grille.

How did to manage to work around the plate mount? Does your mount have brackets behind it that mounts to the lower grille like it should or is it mounted to the bumper directly? Also how did you mount the grille?

·
Banned
259 Posts
My favorite color PPM. Great job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your car is looking nice
These are the chrome lay-over from ebay. I had them for two years and they are great. Even the dealership could not tell. I paid over 50 CDN for them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really nice, especially with the lower grille.

How did to manage to work around the plate mount? Does your mount have brackets behind it that mounts to the lower grille like it should or is it mounted to the bumper directly? Also how did you mount the grille?
I basically started with the Odessy grill, then cut it to fit. I ony removed the bezel on the ends but the not the top or bottom. Then

Cylinder sander (cost about 4 dollars and mount on any drill) I kept sanding the sides until it fits perfectly. I attached using heavy duty bend ties behind the plate mount area only.

I hope I can explain it. I mad a cut for the spots where the plate mount stikcing out and pushed through the grill. I did not install the two screws that go vertincal. Instead, I used heavy duty bend ties.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
your car is looking nice
Thanks! I think it is 20% everywhere except the front window is 30%. This is darkest allowed in the province in Ontario.

·
Spinning 18s
50 Posts
The car looks sweet. I have the same color 2010 exl, Im loving the chrome grill, Where can I purchase

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,727 Posts
The car looks sweet. I have the same color 2010 exl, Im loving the chrome grill, Where can I purchase
Another one responding to a 2+ year old thread and OP hasn't been here in almost as long. Don't expect a response from OP any time soon.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The chrome bits =>
___ ___
___ [H] ___
___ ___

are just chrome inserts into the OEM grille. They can be bought from eBay for quite a low price, and is stuck on using 3M tape I think. The JDM Inspires have a grille with the chrome bits which came factory.
Hope this helps you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts