Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the OEM kit on our Accord today. I am so pleased with the brightness. Good Job Honda. :thmsup:

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Looks good!

Jay

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
This is an accessory that I don't quite get.

Can you tell me what the advantage is?

Is genuinely practical or is it just a nice touch?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

For me just a nice touch. I like lights for some reason, especially blue :yes:
It goes well with the illuminated door sills and other blue lights in the car at night. To each his/her own though.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it :thmsup: do you have a pic of the drivers side?
I don't, my wife sent me out to get some food, and I took the picture with my iPhone while at a traffic light.
Tell you all one thing...I love our Accord.

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
what are the other door lights and door sill lights?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I like it. What do you get besides the footwell lights? How hard was the install? Are they on all time when the headlights are on, or just in park? Thanks for the picture!

·
CVT
514 Posts
looks very nice, looking to do that soon to my sport in red. how much did it cost ya?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The only thing holding me back from doing this is the lack of the On/Off switch. Why oh why did Honda remove that switch from the 8th gen version :(

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
The only thing holding me back from doing this is the lack of the On/Off switch. Why oh why did Honda remove that switch from the 8th gen version :(
Just wire an inline switch, probably just a few dollars at radio shack. Easy.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Nice, but is it too bright at night?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like it. What do you get besides the footwell lights? How hard was the install? Are they on all time when the headlights are on, or just in park? Thanks for the picture!
The install was fairly easy. Honda's instructions were a bit tricky to me. The wire that normally runs to the Econ button plugs into this harness, and the harness plugs back into the Econ button. This thing piggybacks off the Econ button power in essence. The Sport and the other Accords also have two different light modules. Not only are the sport modules red, but they just twist into the plastic panels on the driver and passenger side. The module for my car (which was blue) had to have a 5mm hole drilled, so a small screw can hold the light module in place. I'm picky about following Honda's directions closely, so it took me about a hour and half. This is really about a 30-40 min job. The kit cost me about $90. The lights stay on anytime the headlights or park lights are on.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice, but is it too bright at night?

To me the brightness is perfect. I didn't want anything too bright, which is why I did not want to install my own LEDs. The first OEM kit I bought for our 12 Odyssey was pathetic. Holes had to be drilled in the light modules to make them decent. These are just right.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I want to put something down there that lights when I open the door. I miss that from my GM cars.

Jay

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks good. How bright are they without the white floor mat laying there?

I do find it odd that the Sport kit is only 2 LED while every other kit is 3 (2 driver side, 1 passenger)

When I installed the red kit in my Sport, it came with blue diffuser covering the LED. I drilled that out. The red is very subtle due in fact to only 1 LED for each light and it has a hazy glass lens, but it works for my taste at the moment. I plan on upgrading the LED at some point and using the switch from the 8th gen as it fits in our blank knockout.

I wish the kit had one for the center cubby like the previous gen Civic had.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts

Absolutely not practical at all and I wouldn't have it if it weren't already on my car when I bought it from the dealer's showroom. Having said that, It really is a nice touch and it's not nearly as pronounced in person as it is in the OP's photo of it. You actually have to look for the blue footwell illumination to be able to see it at night. It's much more evident if you're wearing white sox or shoes, kind of like a blacklight.

·
Ballin' on a budget
424 Posts
Absolutely not practical at all and I wouldn't have it if it weren't already on my car when I bought it from the dealer's showroom. Having said that, It really is a nice touch and it's not nearly as pronounced in person as it is in the OP's photo of it. You actually have to look for the blue footwell illumination to be able to see it at night. It's much more evident if you're wearing white sox or shoes.
I appreicate my white footwell lighting I added myself to my 7th generation. Makes it easier to find stuff if it falls on the ground. Mine is wired to the door switches and a master switch so they aren't on all the time.

I also find myself in my fuse box a lot when I'm tweaking my lighting system and audio system so having the extra light down there comes in very handy.

Not everyone would find this practical though.

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
Can you check yours and see if the LED is clearly exposed? When they installed mine I saw absolutely ZERO light. I had to be in the pitch black and actually get my hand within 3" to see any light. The LED clips into a blue(at least mine was) clip that locks into their mounting points. I had to pull mine out, and drill a hole in the blue clip to expose the LED. Easy fix but at the stupid high rate I paid for some LEDs, I expected them to be right.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts