I am Tr
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
I am Tr
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like every other company that makes detail products, some of there stuff is great, others just ok. I like their soaps.
Which products have you used from them, that I should try out for sure?
I only used the sample soaps & wax. I have yet to fully buy them. From what I have used I love it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Citrus wash will be the next soap I buy. Their stuff is available on Amazon, with prime shipping, so I'll probably try some of their other stuff

·
Registered
69 Posts
I prefer the leather cleaner from Chemical brothers.

not tried much else..perhaps it is time to sample some soap.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Citrus wash will be the next soap I buy. Their stuff is available on Amazon, with prime shipping, so I'll probably try some of their other stuff
I use Citrus Wash to strip off wax and whatnot but it looks like they changed the formula/branding as my product (from a few years back) looks different.

I also use their MF towels for rinseless washes - great quality for the price.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I use Citrus Wash to strip off wax and whatnot but it looks like they changed the formula/branding as my product (from a few years back) looks different.

I also use their MF towels for rinseless washes - great quality for the price.
I hope the new stuff doesn't strip wax... I usually use dawn when I'm trying to do that.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
CG products I have used and stuck with:

Leather Cleaner (1:6)
Leather Conditioner (rarely use unless leather is dry and coating has diminished)
Citrus Wash Red (for full details only, not maintenance washes)
Lightning Fast (fabric cleaning with extractor 1:20)
Fabric Clean (fabric cleaning with hose like rubber-backed floor mats etc 1:20)

I agree with Glen, it's like most/all detail suppliers...some stuff is good and some isn't. Lots of reviews out there to help you form your opinion before trying something. CG is cheap enough, for the most part, that it won't break the bank if you try something and don't like it.

For the posts above, I wouldn't buy citrus wash for your maintenance washes. Get Duragloss 901/902.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have tried the polishes and the Jet Seal. Also got the buffing pads for my Porter Cable and a couple of backing pads for my buffer. I started with the sample pack (4oz. V32/34/36/38) last year and this year I ordered the 16oz. bottles of V36/38. I still have some V34 and 32 from the sample kit but find that the V36 and 38 are more common use. The You Tube videos are very helpful and informative.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,854 Posts
MzCountry..............

I think you can get the point here. CG makes some decent products but not everything they make is top shelf. Do some research via We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store to look at different products. Also http://www.detailersdomain.com/ is a site sponsor and offers excellent products. Educate yourself, there are few brands where absolutely everything they make is the best of the best. You must pick & choose from various brands but that requires time and self education.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,854 Posts
Duragloss is hard to beat but sometimes you need a translator.

For instance....their product #105 is an excellent long lasting sealant with a light chemical paint cleaner built in. Duragloss calls it a polish, which it is not.

#501 is heavy on cleaners with less sealant. They call it a Marine polish. Again its not but it works great on auto paint.

Duragloss Aquawax #951 is a spray on sealant that adds brightness to paint. This (along with #105 and #501) is something I will not be without........ever! It contains no wax in spite of the name.

All manufacturers do this in naming their products so I'm not dumping on Duragloss. Chemists make the products and marketing calls them something the public will likely recognize.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts