Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Just ironed out the details. All service performed by Honda. Ran the service records while I was by the dealer earlier. One owner. No accidents. Clutch was replaced due to mechanical problem, not abuse. Looks as clean as a baby's bottom. Here she is:

2006 Accord 6-6 Carbon/black leather

Reactions: BenzAccord

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I am really excited to get it. I was going to have a Honda dealer do a pre-inspection, but while I was at the dealer today, I asked them to run the VIN and give me a printout. ALL SERVICE was done by Honda. Nothing was missed.

The owner said he was told by the dealer to do the T Belt etc. given the age of the car. I think it's a little early for that. It's carbon color. Haven't seen one in person, but it looks sweet.

First thing I am going to do is swap out the brakes. Acura calipers, although given it's a manual, I won't be using the brakes as often as I do with an auto, so I may go with skirts all around. Keep it classy.

·
Reflections Auto Detail
1,247 Posts
Niiiiiice!

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
1,018 Posts
In my eyes that is the 6-6 to have. Best color and 4drs. Nice find. Enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In my eyes that is the 6-6 to have. Best color and 4drs. Nice find. Enjoy it.
Thanks. I was a fluke find. Happened to look on AT and there it was. I see you have the sway bars from the Acura and I would like to know if they make a difference in your opinion. Thing is, I tend to take turns a wee bit faster and my current cars can't handle it. I grew up on Vette's and an M3. Once I grew up and realized the value of a dollar, only then did I start investing my money rather than blowing it on cars.

Anyway, I'd love to know how the sway bars improve the handling? Thanks.

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
1,018 Posts
I only have the rear bar installed as I wanted to reduce understeer. It has worked very well for me. The car handles much better. I advise you get some sticky tires, as that was the better improvement.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only have the rear bar installed as I wanted to reduce understeer. It has worked very well for me. The car handles much better. I advise you get some sticky tires, as that was the better improvement.
I will be adding new tires, but to do the car justice, I'll want to ditch the 16" rims for something a wee bit larger. The I can fit the RL calipers with no problem. Then comes the rubber.

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
1,018 Posts
I will be adding new tires, but to do the car justice, I'll want to ditch the 16" rims for something a wee bit larger. The I can fit the RL calipers with no problem. Then comes the rubber.
Your car comes with 17x6.5 rims already. I understand if you want to upgrade to a bigger size, but in the stock 215/50/17 size I would suggest Continental DWS tires if you need all season. If you want dedicated summer tires, the Continental DW is an excellent choice. Another good summer tire that's cheap is the Sumitomo HTR Z3. Tirerack has those for $86 each.

Reactions: Chaos-Shadow

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Nice ride! Sedan 6-6 are hard to find. Now you gotta change your handle, unless you're keeping the 03'.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's why I didn't hesitate. That and I saw all the service records.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice ride! Sedan 6-6 are hard to find. Now you gotta change your handle, unless you're keeping the 03'.
Never get rid of the '03. Too much of my blood and sweat are in this car. Seriously.

·
I love my car
96 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts