Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come home and I found this.....

Car was parked in the street. I try to be careful when I park near other people's cars just out of respect for their property. Why can't they do the same.....

Thanks for listening. :dunno:

·
No PRND
583 Posts
The day I fear :(

·
Registered
514 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah, same thing happened too me. I got 3 hit and runs on my car in like 2 months...I just started parking all the way in the back, and learned to give up spots that are too tight.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Man that really sucks!! I dread the day that happens to me as I'm sure it will sooner or later. Seems no matter how far away from the entrance I park or how many empty parking spaces I pass up, when I come out of the store there's always someone in an old beater parked extremely close to me. You guys are also correct when you stated that some people seem to have little or no respect for another persons property. Hope it doesn't cost very much to get your damage repaired.

Another one bites the dust........

·
2013 accord sport cvt
7 Posts
I come home and I found this.....

Car was parked in the street. I try to be careful when I park near other people's cars just out of respect for their property. Why can't they do the same.....

Thanks for listening. :dunno:
I completely understand. Last week the scratch the rear driver side door where you can see the metal! I almost cried! Lol. The very next day I took it to a shop to get it fixed. I had to pay 500 out of pocket but I couldn't bare to see my 3 month old car with a scratch like that. My previous car was a 2011 civic si and I was never scratch and I took care of it as if it was a million dollar car! Lol. Hopefully you get it fix and I never happens again!

-Roly

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sucks. But at least I'm having fun trying to figure out where the scratch is and what color your car actually is in the pic you posted. I'm starting to wonder if I'm suffering a flash back :):dunno:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Because NYC.

Glad I no longer live there. I fear for my car every time I go back to visit.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I feel your pain man. :( Someone hit my driver side rear bumper 4 days after I brought her home. A little over a month later, someone backed into my front passenger fender. Then, recently, someone hit the same rear bumper spot from before making it worse.

Even still, the first one really did cut the deepest.

Being that you're in the city, just do the best you can to get it fixed and park a little farther if that will help any. It's sad to say, but in NYC, it's bound to happen again. Too many people are just really big jerks and don't want to be held responsible for their own actions. :mad:

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
Ouchhh sorry brah

·
Registered
18 Posts
The worst is when you park hundreds of feet away from the closest car to avoid any parked cars and some genius decides to park right next to you. Grrr!

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
I feel for you. I got five scratches the first five months. I feel sanitation did the worst one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The worst is when you park hundreds of feet away from the closest car to avoid any parked cars and some genius decides to park right next to you. Grrr!
This happens to me everytime at a parking lot. Out of all the available spots why park next to my car? Its not like I park remotely close to the entrance. :headbash:

·
Registered
547 Posts
All of our NYC guys here know your pain...I keep mine off the street, but I panic when I park anywhere...even parking lots..Too many aholes who dont care about anyone else but themselves... and I especially love the no clue people...you know them..they think the bumpers are just that..to bump off as they parallel park:nuts: I have a driveway...and the people who park there and block it so I can't get out. I catch them and they say..oh' sorry" SORRY...gggrrr... I want to go out with my baseball bat and make it part of their windshield..lol...but..cant do that...I call the local precinct, they tell me they will send a car to ticket, then you can have it towed, but they never send a car....sorry, I am ranting, but seeing that scratch and knowing how you feel, brings all this to mind...:dunno:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Dang, man...sorry to see that! :dunno: My Accord is almost three months old and so far nobody has dinged it yet but I know it's just a matter of time, unfortunately. It just seems like people in general these days tend to have an "I don't give a cr*p" type of attitude. I wish people would respect other people's cars and property. Anytime I see a really nice detailed car I always park away from it if I can and I never open my doors into any car, regardless of what condition it's in. That's just not something that you do, you know? Gotta respect what other people have worked for in life.

Anyway, I hope you can figure out who did this and maybe match up your paint on their bumper. :naughty:

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Here is a twist on this very common "first scratch" thread:

I spend a lot of time in the developing world; no one makes a big deal out of scratches and tiny dents.

I was riding a scooter in Vietnam, a car in India, and a van in Lebanon, and a Ford F350 in Angola. In each instance, there was a bump, or minor collision. Sometimes you exchanged mean glances (India and Lebanon), sometimes a friendly wave (Vietnam and Angola). But no lawyers, no police reports.

An Aussie friend explained to me that since the USA is a country formed from a legal system based on "Judeo-Christian" principles, we tend to believe in a one person is right and one person is wrong scenario...

In Vietnam and India, a Buddhist or Hindu philosophy prevails (even though these countries are very diverse)....people "go with the flow". Ever been in a traffic jam in Saigon? I have. You see dozens of minor bumps there every day- people just smile and wave....It is almost as if they expect your car/scooter to have dings, as you all share the road (and parking system).

People are products of their environment. If their parents "didn't care" about others' property, then perhaps the kids won't. But if the parents view the "property" as collective and of minor importance, then so be it. But if you, your parent, or your child is stricken with cancer, then scratches to your Accord won't matter anymore.

And yes, it stinks that your property gets damaged....I gave up a while ago and no longer buy new cars or motorcycles- I just can't take the first scratch...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts