Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have written before about "rinseless washing" where you don't use a hose and use just a bucket in your garage. By just washing your car in a bucket without a nice flow from the hose, tends to obviously scratch the car over time.

A detailer named Garry Dean out of Tampa has come up with an ingenious way to use that bucket with no hose and radically reduce the scratching that goes with one, or even two bucket washes.

I stress that is for in between washes - and not supposed to replace the good ole hose and suds wash and is also for cars that are not real dirty, you guys in the winter climes with crap all over your car are still gonna have to find a car wash. But if you're in the lower part of the lower 48, this works so well. I do it about twice a week and can do the whole car in about 5-7 MINUTES...

you take some rinseless concentrate from blackfire, Ultima or Optimim and put 1 ounce in 3 gallons of water in a bucket, then you take six microfiber towels and soak them in the bucket. Then take each one out and wash a fender and another panel. Then toss the towel into another container, you are done with it. You take another towel and do the door and another fender and again discard it. You keep going until the whole car is done, and since you never put a towel back into the solution, the solution is clean and can be used again,save it in a jerrycan. So it's very economical and since each towel hits the paint completely clean and sopping wet, it never scratches the finish and cleans the car very well. Then dry like you always do. I love the waffle weave towels at autopia.

And you will be amazed, it rejuvenates any waxes or sealants that are on there, and the gloss comes back immediately, so there's no need to use a quick detailer. I stress you can't do this with std soaps that suds, you need RINSELESS product as it does not foam, and it has more lubricity to make this work.

here is a you tube video - He does not pre- treat and if your car is clean, you can follow his directions....Garry has his own videos too so just search. This is a bit shorter.

http://youtu.be/Fr7JoC8ANog

Optimum here or at autogeek or autopia;

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Optimum-No-Rinse-Wash-Wax-32-oz_p_867.html

if you are following my sealant suggestions for the other threads and using blackfire, their rinseless product energizes their stuff you have already applied:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-rinseless-wash.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
garry dean is the man! he opti sealed my car about a year ago and pretty much since then i do waterless washes and my car is nice and shiny (minus a few dings from stupid people that cant park in garages)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love ONR...I've used it for about five years now with great results. I also use it in a different dilution as a quick detail spray...hard to beat the value and convenience! :)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Thanks for posting this, Glen!

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update on this - this method is ALL I use in cleaning my car now. I have not used a hose for 4 months, no surface scratches at all or swirls. I have shortened it a bit, as my car is always clean with just rain or dust on it, but it's as simple as 1 OZ of rinsleless in a bucket with 2-3 gals of water, 6 MF towels and a waffle weave towel.

As I use the sopping wet towels, they get discarded in a pile, headed for the washer. Then dry with the waffle weave.

The extra rinse gets put back in a 5 gal jerry can for use next time.

I have also used Duragloss Rinseless which is dirt cheap and works great.

I follow with Wolfgang spray spritz every other wash...

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
:)
101 Posts
find any MF 16 x 16 towel that has a GSM rating between 450-600 on autogeek, autiopia or any detailing site
thanks man! cant' wait to try my very first rinseless washing!

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks man! cant' wait to try my very first rinseless washing!
I swear once you do it, you'll never use a hose again if the car is not filthy. I have 3 neighbors that use it exclusively now. It's not just the cleaning, it leaves a substantial shine behind...But I really recommend the duragloss with aquawax rinseless over any other, on duragloss.com. Cheapest and best.

http://www.duragloss.com/16-oz---Duragloss-Rinseless-Wash

·
101 Posts
I swear once you do it, you'll never use a hose again if the car is not filthy. I have 3 neighbors that use it exclusively now. It's not just the cleaning, it leaves a substantial shine behind...But I really recommend the duragloss with aquawax rinseless over any other, on duragloss.com. Cheapest and best.

http://www.duragloss.com/16-oz---Duragloss-Rinseless-Wash
I was about to order ONR, but since you recommend this one, I'm gonna order this :thmsup:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've read a lot off reviews between onr, dura gloss, and black fire . A lot of people are saying black fire is e best but a bit more expensive

·
101 Posts
I just did my first gary dean method. It works well! Thanks glen!

2013 Accord EX-L Coupe V6
White Orchid Pearl
20% Tint
LED interior

1 - 20 of 24 Posts