Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
371 Posts
Here's a close-up on a white Touring.

The spoiler is BOTH the white and black pieces - the white piece being color-matched to the car while the black piece is always black. Obviously, the black sliver doesn't pop out much on other colored cars as much as on the white.

If nothing else, it shows how small and subtle the spoiler actually is.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Has anyone installed a spoiler on the 2.0T Touring?

I went to the Honda dealer and ordered the same spoiler that is on the Sport model. After an hour of waiting the Service Advisor tells me that it cannot be added to the Touring model because the underpinnings of the trunk are different than the Sport model. At first I thought it was BS until he showed me. I was for sure the trunk was exactly the same on all models. So with that said I ended up having to order the spoiler "made" for the Touring since the drill points are different. So now I'm waiting for the new spoiler to arrive. The guy in parts says" Now I know in case someone else wants to order one for a Touring model.":frown

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was able to add a spoiler to my 1.5T Touring .. I’m thinking you can’t I’m the 2.0 because there is more bracing in the trunk due to the extra HP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2018 Accord EX-L 2.0T
267 Posts
Interesting. I was not aware. I assume the EX-L and Touring trunks are the same? The sport spoiler is minimalistic compared to the accessory spoiler.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought the sport model spoiler is held by double side tape only. Actually I have been thinking of removing my small sport spoiler and order accessory spoiler. At this point not sure if that will work.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I thought the sport model spoiler is held by double side tape only. Actually I have been thinking of removing my small sport spoiler and order accessory spoiler. At this point not sure if that will work.
No, It is not held on by double sided tape. He stated all sport models trunks are pre-drilled and added at factory.

Interesting. I was not aware. I assume the EX-L and Touring trunks are the same? The sport spoiler is minimalistic compared to the accessory spoiler.
Yes, I like the minimalistic approach but now I have to have the accessory spoiler. I have not seen it in person, just in pictures so I was a little nervous about it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You will need to drill a couple of holes for either spoiler so if you like smaller one why don’t you go with that one?

·
Registered
154 Posts
You will need to drill a couple of holes for either spoiler so if you like smaller one why don’t you go with that one?
I was told by the Service Advisor that I could not put the sport spoiler on the Touring model because the underpinnings of the trunk is different than on the sport, therefore the hole placement would not work so I have to get the accessory spoiler because the holes would line up with the trunk in the Touring model. See my first post!:laugh

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Many people added the Sport spoiler to other trims on the 9th Gens and only used double-sided tape, not drilling the holes. Don't recall seeing anyone reporting any issues. Apparently the holes are only used for locating the spoiler on the trunk. The 10th Gen Sport spoiler is a little wider, but lower than the 9th Gen. I'm sure someone will try it at some point.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
2013 Accord V6-6MT
2,885 Posts
As an OCD type, there is no way I am going to drill holes in a new car to install a cosmetic accessory like a spoiler. I cringe just thinking about it.

If it could not be securely mounted with just double-sided tape, I would not opt for it.

I looked at the installation instructions (see link below) and new trunk lid springs are required. I did not realized that the spoiler was that heavy. Maybe this, and the aerodynamic drag forces on the spoiler, are why Honda uses fasteners that require drilling holes?

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/accord/2018/trunkspoiler.pdf

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
About this Discussion
107 Replies
66 Participants
Bentley2012
Drive Accord Honda Forums
Drive Accord forum, a community where Honda Accord owners can discuss reviews, service, parts, and share mods.
Full Forum Listing