Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got a '19 Touring in Modern Steel Metallic and was wondering if anyone has any pictures of a MSM with a factory black Sport spoiler installed? Debating between going body colored and black. Anybody got install instructions on the factory Sport spoiler (not the accessory...that thing looks like doodoo)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got a '19 Touring in Modern Steel Metallic and was wondering if anyone has any pictures of a MSM with a factory black Sport spoiler installed? Debating between going body colored and black. Anybody got install instructions on the factory Sport spoiler (not the accessory...that thing looks like doodoo)?
If anyone is interested, I ordered a Crystal Black Sport spoiler and once I get it installed on my MSM, can post pictures. I think I'm going to go the adhesive tape route as I don't want to go drilling holes in my trunk.

Doing this from mobile, so I hope it works right.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone have any new input on what kind of spoiler they are using on their car?

I know that I definitely want to have some kind of spoiler, but I'm a bit torn between a couple of different options. The first one is the stock spoiler that has been mentioned in here, but I'm not sure If I want to have holes drilled into my trunk just to have it installed. The other two are aftermarket options:
1) Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.36.48 PM.png 2) Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.37.48 PM.png

I personally am leaning towards the second option, but still not 100% on what I want to do.

Any suggestions or pictures of what you have would be awesome!

·
Honda Enthusiast
1,940 Posts
What is that monstrosity?
That is a mockup of what an Accord Type R could look like following current Honda performance design trends. I don't think it looks horrible, but I'm not a fan of the fake vents. If you have the vents in the design, make them functional. If those vents on the rear were functional, it would reduce drag improving performance and fuel economy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What comes with the car is fine...anything more is Ricer....for me it would be...but I'm old and stinkie.
I somewhat feel that way with the aftemarket ones which is why I'm still on the fence. And i can't decide if I like the honda spoiler enough to have holes drilled into my trunk

·
OBSIDIANBLUE
515 Posts
I somewhat feel that way with the aftemarket ones which is why I'm still on the fence. And i can't decide if I like the honda spoiler enough to have holes drilled into my trunk
That is really a big deal with me also.Drilling for something that does nothing but add useless weight.
Think about it,you are adding weight that is useless.Just put a empty suitcase in the trunk...that's all you are doing.

What we need is some sort of "wicker-bill". In Indy car they used to have these removable strips with a slide mount stuck on the rear wing of the race-cars.Depending on your needs,down-force or lack of down force you would put in a strip to aide in down force or take away down-force..All this thing does from Honda is lay there.If it does anything other than that I would be surprised....

If anyone is interested, I ordered a Crystal Black Sport spoiler and once I get it installed on my MSM, can post pictures. I think I'm going to go the adhesive tape route as I don't want to go drilling holes in my trunk.

Doing this from mobile, so I hope it works right.
How much was it...I'm too lazy to look but I want to say in a non-aggressive manner you wasted money and I'm gonna tell you why.

You know these guys/gals riding down the highway in the big Ram's Silverado's and F350's and they got their tailgate down?
You know why they do it right, because they think the bed and gate is creating drag.
But that's wrong.
After about 45mph the wind is going everywhere but into the back of the truck.No where near the tailgate.
If they wanted to create less drag leave the tailgate at home and lose the weight and take the drag off the tires to create better fuel mileage.

You just put something on your car that after....5mph...is just weight.Just something else to be worried about.
I'm trying to save peoples time and effort over something that is just for looks.
If you like it for looks that is okay but if you are thinking there is some benefit besides looks you are fooling yourself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How much was it...I'm too lazy to look but I want to say in a non-aggressive manner you wasted money and I'm gonna tell you why.

You know these guys/gals riding down the highway in the big Ram's Silverado's and F350's and they got their tailgate down?
You know why they do it right, because they think the bed and gate is creating drag.
But that's wrong.
After about 45mph the wind is going everywhere but into the back of the truck.No where near the tailgate.
If they wanted to create less drag leave the tailgate at home and lose the weight and take the drag off the tires to create better fuel mileage.

You just put something on your car that after....5mph...is just weight.Just something else to be worried about.
I'm trying to save peoples time and effort over something that is just for looks.
If you like it for looks that is okay but if you are thinking there is some benefit besides looks you are fooling yourself.
Its probably safe to assume that everyone here is getting a spoiler for the looks, but I guess I could be wrong. I know for ME the only reason is for looks and to add a bit more black to the rear end.

I think I'm going to go with this one, it goes on with 3M tape so if i'll give it a shot and if I don't like it I can just take it off. There's a video on YouTube of someone with a white accord with this on it and I think it looks decent, but won't know for sure until its on my own car.

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.37.48 PM.png

·
OBSIDIANBLUE
515 Posts
Its probably safe to assume that everyone here is getting a spoiler for the looks, but I guess I could be wrong. I know for ME the only reason is for looks and to add a bit more black to the rear end.

I think I'm going to go with this one, it goes on with 3M tape so if i'll give it a shot and if I don't like it I can just take it off. There's a video on YouTube of someone with a white accord with this on it and I think it looks decent, but won't know for sure until its on my own car.

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.37.48 PM.png
Check it out that's what I did with my visors.Moonroof and sides.I was like okay,I'm going to just try them and see if I like them.I like them but they could look better and function better but not so bad.In the winter I might take off the moonroof thingy.

I didn't think I would like having that dumb looking moonroof visor or window visors but they work for what I wish them to do.I can handle looking dumb if it serves a higher purpose.

·
Honda Enthusiast
1,940 Posts
Check it out that's what I did with my visors.Moonroof and sides.I was like okay,I'm going to just try them and see if I like them.I like them but they could look better and function better but not so bad.In the winter I might take off the moonroof thingy.

I didn't think I would like having that dumb looking moonroof visor or window visors but they work for what I wish them to do.I can handle looking dumb if it serves a higher purpose.
Visors don't look dumb. They add a sporty look to the car.

·
Registered
749 Posts
So I really think the back end of the sport would look a little more aggressive with a bit larger spoiler. My car is white and I’m working on the black out look and would like something a bit bigger but would need it to either over lay the stock spoiler or cover the holes left by the stock spoiler. Has anyone tried this spoiler on eBay? It looks like it would cover the holes left by the stock spoiler.

Ok I’m a little slow with the clunky search option on this forum, for the life of me I don’t understand why you can’t limit a search to a sub forum. Having to shift through returns from every forum is just barbaric...lol... Anyway I found a few YouTube videos of people installing this spoiler on a Sport so I placed the order and will update after I get it installed.

·
BriGuy5
171 Posts
Ok I’m a little slow with the clunky search option on this forum, for the life of me I don’t understand why you can’t limit a search to a sub forum. Having to shift through returns from every forum is just barbaric...lol... Anyway I found a few YouTube videos of people installing this spoiler on a Sport so I placed the order and will update after I get it installed.
Check out my thread. Link in my signature. I have this exact spoiler. It fits perfectly and covers the existing holes just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
Check out my thread. Link in my signature. I have this exact spoiler. It fits perfectly and covers the existing holes just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for replying and sharing the link. I think the spoiler looks great and is just enough to add some aggressiveness to the rear to match the front of the car. Thanks again and your car looks awesome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New pictures of a Crystal Black Pearl 2.0T Touring with the spoiler to compare with the white Touring above.
Any chance of getting more pics of your spoiler? Just got a used '18 touring in black and trying to find a spoiler I like. Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey All,

Just installed a cheap duckbill spoiler but the factory "lip" spoiler is still on. If i remove it, there will be holes exposed which is obviously no good. I could remove the original spoiler, and get the trunk wrapped or buy a trunk without the spoiler on it, but obvi thats a more expensive and intensive proposition. So, looking for some opinions on how it looks as is. From a lot of angles I love the look of the duckbill and can tolerate the "stacked" effect, but in a perfect world, i wouldnt have the original sport spoiler. What do ya think? Is it just too sloppy?

Attachments

81 - 100 of 128 Posts