Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
I’m not a fan either... I searched high and low for a spoiler I liked that would cover the stock spoiler holes and really like the Type V. I ordered and installed it and was very happy with the out come.

And the last one is because I’m a picture whore... lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
So is it more the stacked thing or the wing itself that u dont like. I'm really drawn to the wing BUT i agree the original wing is throwing me. Ggrrr here goes some more $$$.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The duckbill spoiler you have looks good, but with the stacked look of both spoilers together doesn't look very complimentary. I would say one or the other, but not both.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Same for me... it’s the stacked look that I don’t like at all, I do like the duckbill spoiler but to make it right you would need to have the stock holes welded and the trunk painted. I looked at a replacement trunk lid and they weren’t cheap.

·
Registered
36 Posts
LOL ouch, my poor pride.

But in all seriousness thanks for the opinions. Is there no "insert" available to cover where the original wing was? Frustrating to have to consider filling/wrapping or replacing the trunk lid. And yes, i should have known better considering the other threads I've seen :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is there any place that sells painted, OEM sport style spoilers or other similar lip spoilers for the 10th gen LX or EX?

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation. I'd never heard of that site before, have other users here had good experiences with them?

·
Registered
750 Posts
I myself never purchased from them. I came across this website when I was shopping for a "rear roof" type spoiler but eventually never bought one. I don't know of other forum members who had purchased from them.

For $109 price seems reasonable. It says their spoilers do come with a lifetime paint warranty and a 14-day return policy. Good policy just in case color matching is way off or not happy with quality/material.

If you decide to purchase, send them an email or call them first to clarify their warranty and return policy. In addition, read up on customer reviews if any.

·
Registered
749 Posts
LOL ouch, my poor pride.

But in all seriousness thanks for the opinions. Is there no "insert" available to cover where the original wing was? Frustrating to have to consider filling/wrapping or replacing the trunk lid. And yes, i should have known better considering the other threads I've seen :(
Your cheapest option is to remove the stock spoiler, remove the duckbill spoiler and sell it, then buy the Type V spoiler from eBay and install it. The Type V will cover the holes and you won’t be out any additional money if you can sell the duckbill spoiler. If not the Type V was only $70 on eBay and it comes painted to match your car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I myself never purchased from them. I came across this website when I was shopping for a "rear roof" type spoiler but eventually never bought one. I don't know of other forum members who had purchased from them.

For $109 price seems reasonable. It says their spoilers do come with a lifetime paint warranty and a 14-day return policy. Good policy just in case color matching is way off or not happy with quality/material.

If you decide to purchase, send them an email or call them first to clarify their warranty and return policy. In addition, read up on customer reviews if any.
Too bad there aren't more pictures of the lip spoiler. I want something low profile, but they only have one picture angle of that one and I really can't tell if I like it. I emailed and asked for more pics, but they don't have any.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your cheapest option is to remove the stock spoiler, remove the duckbill spoiler and sell it, then buy the Type V spoiler from eBay and install it. The Type V will cover the holes and you won’t be out any additional money if you can sell the duckbill spoiler. If not the Type V was only $70 on eBay and it comes painted to match your car.
Ok ill check that out. I wish there was an insert to buy that would just go where the factory spoiler was :( The type v looks alright, but its not a true duckbill imo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just receive my Type V spoiler today. Upon examination, the double sided tape on the backside looks very crudely cut and does not extend to the corners (see pic of screenshot from an install posted on YouTube). Did anyone else have a similar experience?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wonder where to find the small spoiler on those Accord sport model. I don't like their 2-tone one. It looks ugly to me.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I wonder where to find the small spoiler on those Accord sport model. I don't like their 2-tone one. It looks ugly to me.
I have my stock spoiler if you interested, just shoot me a PM.

I just receive my Type V spoiler today. Upon examination, the double sided tape on the backside looks very crudely cut and does not extend to the corners (see pic of screenshot from an install posted on YouTube). Did anyone else have a similar experience? View attachment 518395 View attachment 518396 View attachment 518397
Mine came with a roll of tape and I applied. I would remove the tape and install real 3M tape and a little silicone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just receive my Type V spoiler today. Upon examination, the double sided tape on the backside looks very crudely cut and does not extend to the corners (see pic of screenshot from an install posted on YouTube). Did anyone else have a similar experience? View attachment 518395 View attachment 518396 View attachment 518397
Where did you get the spoiler from? What did it set you back? If you're concerned about the tape, you can always get more VHB from most auto parts or home improvement stores.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts