Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 8th gen in for a $30 oil change at the local dealer... I had a b1 code...

They wanted to clean the evaporator core for $79
Cabin filter replacement for $86
Rear pads replaced bc they're at 2mm - $190

Now if that's not a ripoff I don't know what is.

I'll do the work myself

Evaporator core cleaned - $16
Cabin filter replaced - $13
Rear pads replaced - $42

·
All my wats
90 Posts
$86 for a cabin filter replacement? It takes longer to empty out your glovebox to detach it than to actually change the filter!

It's amazing how cheap cars can be when you can do the work yourself. $30 for an oil change isn't too terrible, at least.

·
Elvira
3,679 Posts
Took my 8th gen in for a $30 oil change at the local dealer... I had a b1 code...

They wanted to clean the evaporator core for $79
Cabin filter replacement for $86
Rear pads replaced bc they're at 2mm - $190

Now if that's not a ripoff I don't know what is.

I'll do the work myself

Evaporator core cleaned - $16
Cabin filter replaced - $13
Rear pads replaced - $42
What did you use to clean the evaporator core? Foaming cleaner? Which one do you recommend ? TIA

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's a stealership for ya. $86 to change the cabin air filter? My Honda dealership charged $112 to change the cabin air filter. I recently changed it myself a few months ago for the first time, and even then, it only took about 5 minutes.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Wowzersssssssssss 190 bucks to replace the rear pads. That's insane. My 'ship charged me I think 270 to replace the front pads + resurface the front rotors. -____- blasphemy! I'm considering changing my rears (pads + rotors) when I put my new front rotors on anyway. Weighing my options for a rear kit at the moment though. Anyway......

Cheers to you for getting those little jobs done on your own and not getting ripped off from your 'ship! :salue:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts