Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Thermal R&D Exhaust installed today on my 2.0 6MT. Very happy with sound-deep in the low end and has no drone.

Final numbers: 293.9HP/328.1lbs of Torque

Power Mods:

-Thermal R&D Exhaust
-PRL Catless DP
-PRL Stage 1 intake
-PRL intercooler
-Ktuner Stage 2.2

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Got the Thermal R&D Exhaust installed today on my 2.0 6MT. Very happy with sound-deep in the low end and has no drone.

Final numbers: 293.9HP/328.1lbs of Torque

Power Mods:

-Thermal R&D Exhaust
-PRL Catless DP
-PRL Stage 1 intake
-PRL intercooler
-Ktuner Stage 2.2
I've been hoping someone would give us a review on this... So, no drone at all, none? This is the only exhaust I am interested in due to the Helmholtz resonator, but I want absolutely zero drone.

Great mods, gotta love PRL stuff, great numbers too. Sometimes I think I should've done 6spd over the 10AT lol oh well.. I still enjoy the stage 2.2.

Any chance of getting a no drone cruising video?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been hoping someone would give us a review on this... So, no drone at all, none? This is the only exhaust I am interested in due to the Helmholtz resonator, but I want absolutely zero drone.

Great mods, gotta love PRL stuff, great numbers too. Sometimes I think I should've done 6spd over the 10AT lol oh well.. I still enjoy the stage 2.2.

I can only hear the exhaust when I step on the gas and I'm a little louder with the catless DP. I'll try to take a video of cruising around, but if you want to hear it full throttle go to my IG page: @spluague

·
Registered
112 Posts

I can only hear the exhaust when I step on the gas and I'm a little louder with the catless DP. I'll try to take a video of cruising around, but if you want to hear it full throttle go to my IG page: @spluague
Sound awesome man! , not too noisy considering you are catless. If it's really drone free I'm gonna have to pick one up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How does the Thermal RD mate with the PRL Downpipe? My concern is the PRL DP is listed as 3", where the Thermal is 2.5". How does that transition look ?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I bet that car will fly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nope, but I bought the Thermal Exhaust and a RV-6 downpipe, doesn't look like they will mate together at all. The downpipe is too big to match up with the Thermal exhaust front-pipe flange.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nope, but I bought the Thermal Exhaust and a RV-6 downpipe, doesn't look like they will mate together at all. The downpipe is too big to match up with the Thermal exhaust front-pipe flange.
Prl told me directly that it would bolt up. My setup is thermal exhaust, prl downpipe and prl frontpipe. Thats the plan anyway. I ordered the exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Prl told me directly that it would bolt up. My setup is thermal exhaust, prl downpipe and prl frontpipe. Thats the plan anyway. I ordered the exhaust.
Looks like I just PM'd you lol. I can see an aftermarket front-pipe mating OK to a 3" downpipe, assuming the front-pipe has that size of a flange. I'd be curious if it's even possible to mate a aftermarket front-pipe to the Thermal cat-back (at least not without some custom modification for flanges). The Thermal system is all clamp based, where I believe factory is flange based, is that correct?

My issue is the RV-6 downpipe is a 3" flange, and the Thermal is 2.5" and the 3 bolt holes on this transition do not even mate (not like I would want them to anyway, it's a shit transition)

Another thought, the PRL downpipe must be designed to mate to factory size front pipe flange as it says "taper" below, while the Rv-6 if full blown 3" outlet.

From the PRL site:

" while the 3.00" cast outlet allows smooth taper to aftermarket and/or factory front pipe. "

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another thought, the PRL downpipe must be designed to mate to factory size front pipe flange as it says "taper" below, while the Rv-6 if full blown 3" outlet.

From the PRL site:

" while the 3.00" cast outlet allows smooth taper to aftermarket and/or factory front pipe. "
  Screenshot_20200616-204931_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20200616-204921_Gmail.jpg

Dude from prl told me it would all bolt up. 🤔

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dude from prl told me it would all bolt up. 🤔
Yes I have no doubt, it's all because of that tapered part of the PRL downpipe. Kinda of a bummer. Sure you're getting true bolt-on compatibility, but you are restricting back down from 3" to a 2.5" flange very early in the system. Seems kind of counter productive. If I could picture the best case system, it would remain 3" the whole way from turbo's exhaust housing, till it needed to split to the dual exhaust pipes, that is where the 2.5" sizing transition would come in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i just got the thermal rd exhaust installed today. very nice setup and no drone, just a nice throaty growl at high rpms. very satisfied. im looking to get the prl frontpipe, downpipe and hondata tuner next. ill keep yalls posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts