Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a '13 I4 EX-L coupe which I bought used from a dealership, at around 23K miles.
Car was serviced while it was in the dealership before I got it. I have done close to 5000 miles, oil life is showing 35% and I am thinking of getting an oil change done.
I had a look at the oil and it seems a little bit dirty.

Anything else I should get done with this oil change ?
Transmission oil change ? I have no information if this ever has been changed so just want to be safe.
Rotate tires ?

Car runs real smooth and no issues till date. It does seem a bit slow off the line though, power seems to kick in after I cross 4K RPM. I drive with ECO off.
Is this something I can ask the service people to look into ? Wouldn't mind a bit more zip.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Tire rotation isnt a bad idea. Air filters and such. Think transmission fluid is about due, but refer to the schedule to be sure. Oh and maybe an alignment since youre getting a rotation.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
wait till 15%

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wait till 15%
I thought about this but when I checked the oil it was a dark shade of brown, i think.
It has been more than 6 months since I got this car so I thought of getting the oil changed.

Regarding the Transmission oil change. I remember reading in the forums about a full flush versus a partial change, cant remember what the partial oil change is called. Which one should I go with now ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the 2013 as well. I did my transmission fluid at 30k. The fluid still looked good but its inexpensive to do yourself and it can't hurt. The manual for the car calls for a fluid drain and fill, not a flush. Thats what I did. Took nearly 4 quarts of the Honda CVT fluid. The process is pretty idiot proof.. Drain, fill. Check the "check hole." Any excess fluid will drain from the check hole. Done.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Oil color is not a good indication of remaining oil life. Waiting until 15% on the MM shouldn't be a problem. I'd wait until that time then go ahead and do CVT service. It's only a drain/fill, and not neccessarily indicated in the manual, but a good idea every 30k or so. Cheap insurance, and if you do it yourself (and save receipts!) it won't hurt the wallet much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts