Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks clean as far as the pics go. Sent them an email requesting service records. I figure these are going to become even rarer as time passes.

Honda 2006 Sedan V6 6MT

What do you think?

·
RIP my Acorn
726 Posts
Beautiful car. Exactly the color combo I'd want if I got another 6-6 sedan. Makes me miss mine so much.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,488 Posts
What's up here? That's a sedan. Why does the link say coupe? That's a lot of money for a car with almost 150k miles on it. It better have some great service records, and be in great shape inside and out.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's up here? That's a sedan. Why does the link say coupe? That's a lot of money for a car with almost 150k miles on it. It better have some great service records, and be in great shape inside and out.
Thanks for chiming in. I know the price is high, but given the condition of the interior, I would be willing to pay slightly more GIVEN the service records are complete. No service records, then different story.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I don't know....as much as I'd LOVE a 6-6 sedan, that one has been in multiple accidents. 3 owners, 2 accidents, and the mileage seems kind of high for the price.

BUT, it is very clean, and you might as well take a test drive. Good luck!

·
Don't drink and drive
5,187 Posts
Looks good

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's just it. I'd rather have a one owner, as I'd have a better shot at seeing the complete service history. And I agree, the asking price is quite high for the mileage. But I do love that black gut. And it looks to be in good shape from what I can tell.

I don't know....as much as I'd LOVE a 6-6 sedan, that one has been in multiple accidents. 3 owners, 2 accidents, and the mileage seems kind of high for the price.

BUT, it is very clean, and you might as well take a test drive. Good luck!

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
I hate the relative ease you guys seem to find 6-6 sedans south of the border ... pardon us while Betty cries herself to sleep tonight ...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
With my searching on Autotrader, within 100 miles I only found 1 6-6 sedan. 138k miles, but has a clean accident-free 2 owner Carfax and is VERY clean, black on black with new tires. So yeah, if I were considering one of these I'd probably have to travel to find one lol.

·
I love my car
96 Posts
It really is a beautiful car.... Color combo and everything. I really dig the wheels as well.

If I ever got another 7.5 gen I think it would be like the one you found here.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
I'd have to be sure the timing belt was done as scheduled. If not, I'd walk away or use it as a huge bargaining chip.

Bobbo, I'm deep South and 6-6 sedans are very hard to find. I have no use for a couple, personally.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Also, keep in mind that the carfax reports 2 front impact accidents. I may even consider paying for a Honda pre-purchase inspection if you're seriously considering it. In addition to checking if the timing belt has been done as @Drew suggested. Might want to check the clutch too.

·
Reverse Gear
1,043 Posts
Also, keep in mind that the carfax reports 2 front impact accidents. I may even consider paying for a Honda pre-purchase inspection if you're seriously considering it. In addition to checking if the timing belt has been done as @Drew suggested. Might want to check the clutch too.
+1

also make sure the transmission is good. Didn't this model have an issue where it sometimes popped out of gear? Otherwise, love it. If the 144K is more highway then city, this probably drives like a car with much less miles on it.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I hate the relative ease you guys seem to find 6-6 sedans south of the border ... pardon us while Betty cries herself to sleep tonight ...
The thanks I gave you was more of a "Pat Betty on the back and tell her it will be ok. She's a strong independent white woman who don't need no MT" kind of thanks.

Reactions: bobbo

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
the thanks i gave you was more of a "pat betty on the back and tell her it will be ok. She's a strong independent white woman who don't need no mt" kind of thanks.
#qotd

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just heard back on this one, which has less than 65,000 on the clock, but the asking price is a bit high. It's also in CA so I have to figure in additional fees for transport.

And yes, whatever 6MT I choose, I will pay to have a local Honda dealer go over it. An ounce of prevention...

2006 Grey Sedan 6MT 62,000 miles

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Just heard back on this one, which has less than 65,000 on the clock, but the asking price is a bit high. It's also in CA so I have to figure in additional fees for transport.

And yes, whatever 6MT I choose, I will pay to have a local Honda dealer go over it. An ounce of prevention...

2006 Grey Sedan 6MT 62,000 miles
I'd choose that one, if it was between these two. Clean history, low miles. How far is the travel? You might be able to use whatever Honda finds in the pre-purchase inspection as a way to talk the price down.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Two accidents and 145,000 miles? What service was completed, when and by whom? That car should sell off dealer’s lot for about $6,000 or less. That price of $8,900 is absurd! Plus you may need to dump in over $2,000 for a timing belt and clutch if needed. It is a novel car, but the price needs to be right.

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
1,018 Posts
Never buy a used car that has been in an accident. 1. You don't know the extent of the damage, if it was fixed correctly, who did the work, what parts were used. 2. The paint will probably chip, panels never line up again correctly. That first car is overpriced for the mileage, accident circumstances.

The 2nd one looks to be a good buy. You have to pay up for a good used car like that. I'd for sure look into that one more. It will also need a timing belt as they need to be changed because of time, not just mileage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts