Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like the 19" HFP rims but they are high much for my budget. However I do like the 18" 10 spoke 8th gen oem wheels. I am wondering if they would effect my vehicles performance significantly. I have a nighthawk black 7.5gen i4 sedan w/ 16" oem.

The wheels I'm looking at right now have the factory Micheline P235/45A18 tires, will that be a problem?
18" 2010 Honda Accord Coupe wheels

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
not an expert, but ive been searching around for those rims as well. ive heard that since theyre heavier, you might feel a decrease in the speed of your car. also your speedo may be slightly off. i could be wrong though, someone that has more knowledge in this should confirm.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It shouldn't throw off your speedo if you find exact wheels and tires with the same diameter as your stock wheels. Personally, I wouldn't do this on a i4 because I heard the car feels a bit sluggish, but you should be fine with a v6.

·
Registered
156 Posts
they are not worth the cash imho. plus they have tps sensors(not a big deal - can change over to regular valve stems). They do look nice though.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
IMo, save up for some coils or springs for a drop first!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me get this right, I have to change the sensors? And i would need to first get new coils or springs?

Is there anybody here with an 7th gen i4 accord with wheels like this(size/weight), that would comment on the change on vehicle's performance?

·
lookin' clean
671 Posts
for some reason I really like those wheels.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Let me get this right, I have to change the sensors? And i would need to first get new coils or springs?

Is there anybody here with an 7th gen i4 accord with wheels like this(size/weight), that would comment on the change on vehicle's performance?
I didn't mean to give you the impression that you needed coilovers to get these wheels, haha. It's just that the car would look higher with different wheels, especially with a thinner sidewall on your tire.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts

The 7th gen does not have TPMS correct? If not, you don't need to change the sensors as they will just act as expensive valve stems.

Any change in performance will depend on the weight of your current wheels and tires. I don't know what the 8th gen 18" wheels and tires weigh, but the 17" weighs 48 lbs for both. A few lbs won't really be noticeable. The lower sidewall height should improve handling (depends on how good the tires you have now are) but will produce a less comfortable ride.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,916 Posts
I say go for it! :thmsup:

I actually love my EX-L V6 wheels:

... and those are very similar

·
-Gene
656 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hahahaha FOOLS!!!

My 97 Civic front underbody skid plate scoffs at your lowered vehicles , Muahahahahahah

actually whats left of it is the result of a lowered vehicle.

while I love the look of a lowered vehicle, its just not practical with speedbumps, curbs, n so forth, definitely not drive way entry friendly.

Even if you kept stock height n added a body kit?

still would probably look off, I get it you're trying to get the gap in your teeth fixed I get it I get it.

I dunno whats on my civic, its either coilovers or springs, alls I know is the spring part is colored pink on my civic, And I feel every bump like its slamming into a curb when I drive over it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts