Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
K24 VTEC 5spd - 138k
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm tossing around the idea of purchasing new rims and tires when my current tires (stock) wear out. I've never bought aftermarket rims before and I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right. My stock wheels are 15" 5-lug 4.5" (5x114.3mm) with a high positive offset (that's all it says) and the tires are P205/65 R15.

I'm wanting to get bigger rims, between 16"-18", but I'm unsure if I'll have to get special tuning or leveling done to the suspension if I go with bigger rims/tires. Is there anything I need to do before buying new rims/tires? I'm going to be buying them as a package. Any special tires I should get?

I appreciate any tips I can get and I apologize if I sound like a rookie--I am when it comes to wheels. Thanks in advance.

·
RacerRik
172 Posts
Unless you are looking for something wild, your best bet is to get a different set of OEM wheels. You can choose from a large variety of Honda and Acura wheels that will fit your car perfectly. And they are good quality wheels which fit the hub correctly so you don't need to hassle with hubcentric rings. You can go up to 16" or 17" with no issues at all as long as you choose tires sizes to match up with the overall diameter of the stock tires. 18" or 19" get trickier but are still possible if you do some homework.

Take a look on the web and see if any of the OEM Honda or Acura wheels grab your attention.

Here is what I did to my 2001 EX sedan. I think it is a major improvement. Went from 15" original wheels to 16" later model Accord wheels.

Attachments

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
Hey everybody, I'm tossing around the idea of purchasing new rims and tires when my current tires (stock) wear out. I've never bought aftermarket rims before and I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right. My stock wheels are 15" 5-lug 4.5" (5x114.3mm) with a high positive offset (that's all it says) and the tires are P205/65 R15.

I'm wanting to get bigger rims, between 16"-18", but I'm unsure if I'll have to get special tuning or leveling done to the suspension if I go with bigger rims/tires. Is there anything I need to do before buying new rims/tires? I'm going to be buying them as a package. Any special tires I should get?

I appreciate any tips I can get and I apologize if I sound like a rookie--I am when it comes to wheels. Thanks in advance.
Any 5 lug Honda or Acura wheel (aside from 09-14 TL, RL, or MDX wheels) will fit your car. I recommend Civic Si wheels as they look great and will fit without any issue. You can find them used on craigslist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts