Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I want to have Navi in the car but I don't want that generic aftermarket look.

My car did not come with a navi...how hard would it be to install this unit and run all the needed wires to get the nav up and running?

Another option, is to get a double DIN nav (pioneer touchscreen)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+3+(SPH-DA210)

and place that into the car but I read the whole face needs to change because of the air controls...Would I be able to purchase the factory navi off ebay and just swap out the screen for the new navi unit so that all the wiring and components are there and it will give me a stock look?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Buy the Honda audio attachment double din kit for the cubby in front of gear shifter. Switch audio from top to bottom ( everything else will work up top fans, heat, clock climate control etc... Unscrew cubby door front plate once cubby is out and put over under cubby when car is parked to keep it looking stock. Done.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
or get the oem nav with plug-n-play harnesses from the seller on ebay that takes 20 mins to intall. doesn't get anymore oem like than that.

Does it just need the harness?

I thought I needed the antenna and DVD player and such... :dunno:

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
would appreciate a link...I can't seem to find it:dunno:
Like most things on eBay it's not available every single day of the year or you really have to dig to find what you're looking for ... He does have them up frequently, and will even sell you the additional harness for a single/dual zone HVAC conversion as well. His name is Martin, and here's the NAV unit he sells ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-to-200...310646?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3387b7ef76

While you can find an OEM nav on eBay for @ $500, you'll need a harness, DVD unit computer/disc maybe, and a bit of luck to make it work right... Martin makes the harness himself, tests it out and does a quality job, basically it's EVERYTHING you need for a straight plug and play, and makes himself available for support if you buy through him.

Here's one with the harness to splice into your system on your own ;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ACCOR...d=100005&prg=1088&rk=1&rkt=5&sd=221320310646&

·
Super Moderator
6,615 Posts
You DON'T want to install that.

Search for posts by Kingmoocow. This thing has been discussed a billion times years ago. There is a very long discussion thread on this. There is nothing but problems with this unit and there is problem with almost every single feature of it.

Take it from a guy from Taiwan, stuff made in China is either fake or made to look like it functions well.

·
2020 CBP Touring
694 Posts
Is it really plug and play? I can have the dash apart in 10 minutes. No running wires to the trunk or drilling holes for the DVD mount? Just screw it in, connect, and go?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
Is it really plug and play? I can have the dash apart in 10 minutes. No running wires to the trunk or drilling holes for the DVD mount? Just screw it in, connect, and go?
Yes, if you were to get one off Martin it literally is a simple as taking the dash apart and plugging in the new unit - BECAUSE, he makes the harness to make this a simple plug and play.

This upgrade is on my list, but I have other less expensive upgrades to come before it ...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yes this is more than well worth the headache. Look at my signature :wave:. I absolutely love the OEM look of my dash with OEM Navigation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts