Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Thinking about trading her in.

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Arkainzeye 
#1 ·
Hi everybody. I know that this decision comes down to taste so all I am asking for is honest opinions. I am thinking about trading my 06 EX-L with nav for a Honda crz. I know they are two completely different cars. I just want to know if the people on this site know anybody that has one and if they like it.

#5 ·
My cousin bought her first Honda last year - which is a silver CR-Z - she LOVES it! IMHO, as long as you stay Honda/Acura, you can't go wrong! My uncle/aunt are now considering buying a manual Accord after driving her CR-Z :) (they need a more family style car - not a tiny coupe) They were checking out my Accord and fell in love - asked how I liked it and my response "Are you kidding me? She's my favorite car and you know how many I've owned!"

#7 ·
I was following this car VERY closely and wanted to own one while it was in prototype stage, and then I lost interest when they brought it to production as it was a shadow of what it could/SHOULD have been.

Though its not personal experience, I talked to someone that owns one at my work and they said it was a fun little car.

#13 ·
You might be interested in this review of the CR-Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9hblQvtdwA
Thanks for this review. And thanks to everybody for the input. When the 84-91 CRX was new I did not have the money to buy one as I was still fairly young. I would love to have one of the 88-91 crx si's but the prices are crazy for nice stock ones and the cheaper ones have been destroyed by the younger crowed. Also to get a loan on a car that old is going to be unsecured money with high rates and short terms so that idea is out. I am still considering the crz. I think I would like to have one with nav and a six speed.

#14 ·
I read an article today in car and driver that said honda was going to start a factory performance division similar to nismo and that the first project would be the cr-z. Man that would be great to have the civic si engine in a cr-z. They did not mention specifics but I can dream.

#16 ·
Jimjam think bigger. Veyron engine in a fit..... Or maybe a zr1 engine in a s2k

#17 ·
If you are going to wait for a new CRZk, and don't mind the payments go ahead. I'd rather not have payments =)

My friend had a brand new 2011 CRZ, he traded it in within a year. It was too boring, and the fuel economy was not up to par. Also, when he wanted to drive spirited it was painfully slow, but did handle well.

It's not a bad car, but it's just lacking in the fun catagory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.