Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title said i am thinking about switching to V6 touring. I have Canadian 4banger where the CVT judder is annoying me. Plus i feel like the power isn't enough. Now i am confused if i should go with the 4 door or 2 door. I hate when i am in a situation like this. What you guys think? should i do the upgrade? should i get a coupe or stick with the sedan ?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
EX L V6 Sedan, of course I'm a little biased since that is what I own. Actually depends on your lifestyle and how you will be utilizing the vehicle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4 door 6cyl. Powerful versatility.

i was thinking of going with the 4 door to. But i wish they would have the manual option on the v6.

EX L V6 Sedan, of course I'm a little biased since that is what I own. Actually depends on your lifestyle and how you will be utilizing the vehicle.
i am more into that touring led lights :thmsup:if not i would have got the EX L but yea i am stuck in-between manual or auto since the v6 manual only comes with the coupe. I wish Canadian accord come with sedan manual V6 trim

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Go V6 Sedan, definitely. EXL or touring is up to you.

Why sedan? Because it still looks like an awesome car, not a grandpappy car, it has much more versatility if you have a family or if you carry friends so they don't have to twist themselves into the backseat, and easier if you are loading stuff into or out of the back seat.

It drives incredibly and the power is ohhhhh soooooo smooth. I just blasted out on the highway for some errands tonight. The thing just pulls effortlessly to 85 mph before you can even think about it, and it is super smooth all the time.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
M6

Just sayin'.

Jay

·
Registered
462 Posts
Exl v6 sedan. Great car. If the headlights bother you, upgrade to hid. I have them and love them

·
Houstonian
56 Posts
I currently have an Accord LX Sedan with CVT and plan on trading it in at the end of the month for an EX-L Coupe V6 Auto.

I guess it really depends on what fits your personal needs.

After having my Sedan for almost a year now I realized that I almost never use the back seats because I am the only one driving in my car besides the occasional family night out.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I prefer sedans for daily driver cars. Back doors are very useful not just for people but for cargo. Shorter length doors make it easier to get in/out of the car in narrow parking spots, which in some cities are going to be 90% of wherever you park.

·
Banned
47 Posts
like the title said i am thinking about switching to V6 touring. I have Canadian 4banger where the CVT judder is annoying me. Plus i feel like the power isn't enough. Now i am confused if i should go with the 4 door or 2 door. I hate when i am in a situation like this. What you guys think? should i do the upgrade? should i get a coupe or stick with the sedan ?
WOW, is the judder really this bad that it would cause one to throw their arms up in total resignation and discouragement?!?!
I now aptly have nicknamed this car, the Judderbug!
I re-made a guess who song called Judder bug just for the '9s.. sing it,

judderbug, snap snap snap, judderbug, snap snap snap
you put the gloom and doom into my carrrr.. with a shake and sputter as I'm taking off,
judder bug into my lane, my blood pressure sputters, its just a shameee!!
something bugging it, something ain't right, my dealer told me to take a long hike (it just don't feel right),
it's cold out there, im judderbugged in dismay, you go cruising, me stay home insteaddddd

sing it, DA! DA JUDDERBUG- '9s!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go V6 Sedan, definitely. EXL or touring is up to you.

Why sedan? Because it still looks like an awesome car, not a grandpappy car, it has much more versatility if you have a family or if you carry friends so they don't have to twist themselves into the backseat, and easier if you are loading stuff into or out of the back seat.

It drives incredibly and the power is ohhhhh soooooo smooth. I just blasted out on the highway for some errands tonight. The thing just pulls effortlessly to 85 mph before you can even think about it, and it is super smooth all the time.
whats the top speed of the V6 sedan anyways? is it different from the coupe or the same? the 4 banger is missing that smooth flawless power plus the judder is getting to my nervous that i don't mind losing on this car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exl v6 sedan. Great car. If the headlights bother you, upgrade to hid. I have them and love them
i like how the LED DRL and the headlights. but hey can you post the output of those hid's?:banana:
I currently have an Accord LX Sedan with CVT and plan on trading it in at the end of the month for an EX-L Coupe V6 Auto.

I guess it really depends on what fits your personal needs.

After having my Sedan for almost a year now I realized that I almost never use the back seats because I am the only one driving in my car besides the occasional family night out.
yeaaa same i have families that come on a drive with me occasionally. But i haul a lot of stuff around, i like how the sedan look.
WOW, is the judder really this bad that it would cause one to throw their arms up in total resignation and discouragement?!?!
I now aptly have nicknamed this car, the Judderbug!
I re-made a guess who song called Judder bug just for the '9s.. sing it,

judderbug, snap snap snap, judderbug, snap snap snap
you put the gloom and doom into my carrrr.. with a shake and sputter as I'm taking off,
judder bug into my lane, my blood pressure sputters, its just a shameee!!
something bugging it, something ain't right, my dealer told me to take a long hike (it just don't feel right),
it's cold out there, im judderbugged in dismay, you go cruising, me stay home insteaddddd

sing it, DA! DA JUDDERBUG- '9s!!
o.o man that is a good song. But i figured out that when you are driving when the engine is still cold and you turn off the ECON there is no more juddering problems. I feel like that the computer is what making the JUDDERBUG :lmao:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
How much more power do you want and how much money are you willing to lose/spend on this change? Would an I4-6MT (sedan or coupe) do the trick? It will solve the judder issue. While the 6MT is a full second quicker to 60 mph than a CVT it is also a full second slower to 60 mph than a V6. Is that enough to satisfy your power requirement? If yes, compared to the V6 the I4-6MT offers better mpg, better handling, probably better long term reliability and is less expensive.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
to the OP:

I was of the same mindset as you. I decided to install the cvt valve body update and my judders are all gone. there is normal judder as you come to stops though, which is understandable. (the cvt needs to stay at a proper ratio in case you need to take off and are not coming to a full stop)

Anyway, I drove the v6 after 7 months of driving a judder free cvt and 9 months of owning it period. and what was the biggest shocker to me? the transmission of the v6! I couldn't STAND the shifting, haha! six speeds means it shifts 3 times just to get to 30mph, sometimes 4. I got so used to the relaxing smooth ride of the cvt i just *cant* go back, and won't go back. if Honda offers a v6 cvt for the MMC or even 10gen I will get it if it's smooth as the 4cyl cvt.

plus it gives me time to pay off the car, lol

·
Banned
784 Posts
to the OP:
I was of the same mindset as you. I decided to install the cvt valve body update and my judders are all gone. there is normal judder as you come to stops though, which is understandable. (the cvt needs to stay at a proper ratio in case you need to take off and are not coming to a full stop)
Anyway, I drove the v6 after 7 months of driving a judder free cvt and 9 months of owning it period. and what was the biggest shocker to me? the transmission of the v6! I couldn't STAND the shifting, haha! six speeds means it shifts 3 times just to get to 30mph, sometimes 4. I got so used to the relaxing smooth ride of the cvt i just *cant* go back, and won't go back. if Honda offers a v6 cvt for the MMC or even 10gen I will get it if it's smooth as the 4cyl cvt.
I feel every shift in Camry I4 6 speed auto. Accord CVT is very smooth and feels magical.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
to the OP:

With all the complaints on this forum about the CVT thanks for telling it like it is. I have never had any issues with my CVT and my car's VIN number is eligible for the Judder TSB should it ever become necessary. You have explained, what some call deceleration judder, better than anyone else on this forum.:thmsup:

I notice the shifts of regular automatics when I drive them as compared to the CVT. I rented a Sonata last week in Toronto and this week in NJ I am driving a Ford Focus and the shifting of the transmission is obviously noticeable.

BTW the V6 engine, J series, is an old technology design that has been around since the late nineties. The I4 is the newest engine technology which includes dual overhead cams, direct injection and a timing chain instead of a timing belt. In addition to the higher operating and acquisition costs the V6 car doesn't handle as well as the I4 because of the extra weight on the front end of the car. Despite the small love fest on this forum with the manual transmission it's time is almost over in North America and the CVT will become the only transmission choice on all Honda cars in the future.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Despite the small love fest on this forum with the manual transmission it's time is almost over in North America and the CVT will become the only transmission choice on all Honda cars in the future.
Do you have a link to the Honda press release that states this?

Jay

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Do you have a link to the Honda press release that states this?

Jay
Of course Honda has not announced this but the hanwriting is on the wall. They are the only manufacturer that offers a standard transmission in their premiere midsize car. Also they only sell about 8% of Accords with a manual. The fact that they have built CVT plants in Ohio and in Mexico for global production is a good precursor to the end of the manual. Think of the expense and small profit margins having to build manual transmission cars in such small numbers. Toyota, GM, BMW and MB have dumped manual transmissions in their most popular family cars. I do think that the paddle shift transmission will replace the standard three pedal cars as they have on cars made by Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and McLaren. However, the Mazda 6 is offered with a manual so some people can go zoom, zoom manually.

The next generation Accord will probably not offer a standard transmission in the Accord.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts