Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord Automatic V6 Coupe
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking of getting a test pipe for my 2010 v6 coupe. Already have RV6 HFPCs installed and just wondering if it will add a good sound to my exhaust. Just trying to avoid replacing the whole thing and a test pipe seemed like a good place to start. The one I am considering from Megan Racing does not come with an o2 sensor bung and I am wondering what that means. I know installing the test pipe means getting rid of my 3rd cat and I am wondering if I can still pass inspection with it being that the 3rd cat does not have an o2 sensor (i think...?) Any answers, thoughts, opinions, etc. are appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If the emission test includes visual inspection, I would imagine replacing the 3rd cat with a test pipe would fail.
Heeltoeauto used to(haven't looked in a while) sell a test pipe with mounts for the factory cat's heat shield. Visually it is difficult to tell it is a test pipe without removing the heat shield.
No idea if it would still pass the sniffer test with hfpc and no 3rd cat.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Your question is state specific. Every state has different laws and emissions test procedures. In my state of Illinois, as long as the car has no check engine light and can pass the OBDII check then it will pass.

My brother in law has a modified 2000 Ford Mustang with a crate engine and supercharger. The car failed the emissions test because the tune disabled some of the factory ECU settings. He brought his car back to the tuner and they put on a "emissions test" tune. The shop told him to take the test but do not floor the accelerator or drive the engine hard. After the test he took the car back to the shop and they put the ECU back to the "power tune".

So the answer to your question depends on the state where you live.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.