Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DA,

There were some leaves stuck between the car door and as I was brushing them off, this little plastic piece fell onto the ground as well. No clue what the heck this is, but maybe somebody here does? or could it be just random garbage maybe?

Letters read TAO>POM<. Google search came up with nothing.

·
Elvira - the car
3,496 Posts
It could be a left-handed veeblefeltzer.

Seriously though.....

It looks like a TPA (Terminal Position Assurance) used on connectors to lock the terminals into the housing. It could be a 2 circuit connector TPA.

Did you have any electrical work done on the car? They usually don't "fall" out of a connector on their own.

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently had an amp and sub installed. Should I be worried?

·
Elvira - the car
3,496 Posts
What the TPA does is provide a secondary lock for the terminals so the terminals don't fall out or pull out if there is any possibility of a tension being applied. If the terminals are placed correctly and latched there should be no problem. Just don't yank on the wires without knowing what you're tugging on. (leave it)

To calm yourself, if the wiring is accessible, look at the connectors and see if something looks like it's missing. Or check out the other connectors to see if you see something similar.

Can you provide a scale of the part? Size of a dime, quarter, dollar bill?

Attached is an example of what the TPA does and usually goes in a connector.

Attachments

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The piece is about the size of a quarter.

Since it's a secondary lock, if nothing messes with any of the wiring, it should be okay right?

·
Elvira - the car
3,496 Posts
Yes

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took my car back to the installer. They took a look at the piece in person and said it's not apart of the car. They also checked the wires for me and said everything looks fine.

It still really bugs me what the heck this thing is and how it even got inside of my car...

·
Elvira - the car
3,496 Posts
I took my car back to the installer. They took a look at the piece in person and said it's not apart of the car. They also checked the wires for me and said everything looks fine.

It still really bugs me what the heck this thing is and how it even got inside of my car...
That's good. Maybe it was something they have at their shop and it tried escaping in your car.

Enjoy the new amp/sub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts