Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Sport (CVT), 38855 miles. Brought in for oil change and dealer says need CVT flush (no a3 or b3 code), manual says 25k in mountains but I am in Houston and driving is 75 percent freeway, luckily not in stop and go traffic. Also recommends brake flush, but I do that every 3 years, and also de-carbon treatment. Any validity to their suggestions from what yall have encountered?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Seems like the dealer is trying to push some unnecessary procedures to "flush" your wallet of your hard earned cash.

With the CVT transmission - I would say that it would not hurt to do a change at 30K miles. I plan on doing it myself when I reach that mileage.

The brake fluid I would wait for the three year mark unless you have reason to believe you need new brake fluid (aside from dealers suggestions).

For the de-carbon treatment - I have heard that Honda advises against these - despite dealers continuously pushing the treatment. Again, at 30K+ miles - no reason to do that yet, but that is just my opinion.

·
HK Moderator
14,077 Posts
Owner's manual.

My guess is you never opened yours. Never read it. My guess is that it sits there in your glove box. My guess is that they noticed this- and tried to make cash off of you.

Even the children of con artists need to eat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts