Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed a noise in my engine after adjusting valves one night. I thought I had done the adjustment improperly, and I was upset. It sounds just like a valve tick, I used a stethascope to determine the noise was coming from an emissions part on the drivers side on the top of the engine. I believe it is the canister purge solenoid. It's around $100 to replace (doing my own labor), so I don't just want to replace it.

The car runs fine, no codes or anything. The ticking only happens between being cold and completely warmed up. Does the ticking indicate the valve is working as it should? Or should I replace it?

The part is attached to a hose that comes from the throttle body, goes into the solenoid, then exits somewhere down the firewall. I believe it has a check valve, labled 1PSI maximum, or something like that.

Help please!

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,650 Posts
Not sure about the part, but it might help if you gave some information about the car (engine, year, model, etc.). It's a good idea to post the car information in your signature, so it will show up in each post.

·
Registered
305 Posts
maybe you drove yourself crazy and now the sound of the fuel injectors is somewhat magnified..? i can see that happening to me...thats why ive decided to just take my car to the dealership and fork out $200 or so..

·
Registered
200 Posts
maybe you drove yourself crazy and now the sound of the fuel injectors is somewhat magnified..? i can see that happening to me...thats why ive decided to just take my car to the dealership and fork out $200 or so..
That sounds like it will fix the problem just throw money at the stealership that should work.....:dunno:

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
830 Posts
I had this problem on my previous 03 Acura TL-S. I replaced the part and all was well. Very loud when cold out.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Ticking noise, ends up not being valves...!
Upset any mafia bosses lately?

Noise travels...as asked, what year/engine/transmission do you have? How many miles?

And when you say "cold", are you in Miami complaining about the recent 65 degree temp, or are you in Montana?

Welcome to Drive Accord, btw....where information is KING!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Same thing with my 04 v6. And in San Diego I hear it in the chilly mornings and hell even sometime at heat. I wonder if it's the solenoid

Lol I drove my car from San Diego back to my hometown in minnesota this December and damn it ticked..but the cold air made it pull harder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts