Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things that aggravates me the most about the ex-l v6 coupe are the features that you don't get, that the touring sedan gets...one of them being the tilting side view mirror. So what I'm considering is trying to see if the module that's on the sedan can be put on the coupe. I know there are some aftermarket options, but I'm not crazy about how they work with the timers. Does anyone know if that's possible? I've been looking into trying to find the module that controls it, but haven't had any luck yet.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have the Touring model and I don't have a mirror tilting feature that you mentioned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
One of the things that aggravates me the most about the ex-l v6 coupe are the features that you don't get, that the touring sedan gets...one of them being the tilting side view mirror. So what I'm considering is trying to see if the module that's on the sedan can be put on the coupe. I know there are some aftermarket options, but I'm not crazy about how they work with the timers. Does anyone know if that's possible? I've been looking into trying to find the module that controls it, but haven't had any luck yet.
OP are you in Asia? Because AFAIK no NA Accord has them...

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts

·
5 Speed CVT
148 Posts
u talking about this ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, but that's cool too. I had that in my last car, but I had to reprogram some modules to get it to work. Also had the ability to roll up windows and close the sunroof with the key fob...nice feature. What I'm talking about is when you put the car in reverse, the side view mirror (just the glass itself) tilts down so you can see the curb or the line when parking. I may be wrong, but I thought my mother in laws touring had it. I'll have to double check on that. I know my wife's pilot has it.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I think hat feature in the US is available on the Crosstour. When you were shopping for your car did you research the features? Honda lists all of the available features on each of their cars at www.honda.com

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
My TSX did that when you put the car in R and had the mirror control on R too. Cool feature for parallel parking, but with the rear camera it's not needed.

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
This has been discussed in the past. Search for it. I linked to a product/module that allows you to do exactly this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This has been discussed in the past. Search for it. I linked to a product/module that allows you to do exactly this.
I searched and found your post before I made this thread, thanks for the link. I'm not too impressed with that module from reading the installation instructions. It almost seems as though you have to reprogram the module after a certain amount of cycles up and down. That's why I was exploring this route, since the OEM would never need adjustment. I think it a mute point though since it seems as though the sedan doesn't have it anyway.

·
Banned
5,775 Posts
I searched and found your post before I made this thread, thanks for the link. I'm not too impressed with that module from reading the installation instructions. It almost seems as though you have to reprogram the module after a certain amount of cycles up and down. That's why I was exploring this route, since the OEM would never need adjustment. I think it a mute point though since it seems as though the sedan doesn't have it anyway.
The only other solution I can think of which will be expensive is to get the pieces from the RLX which has this feature.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That feature would have been nice (especially since, IMHO, the Touring needed one more thing to distinguish it--personally, I would have liked paddle shifters), but the backup camera in the wide view provides something analogous to it. (The LaneWatch camera can be used going forward, obviously.)

Not an ideal solution, but better than no cameras at all! :thmsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts