Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have around 76K on the original Goodyear Assurance tires that came on our 2016 Sedan and although not down to the wear bars, they are worn enough to not make it through another winter. Did a bit of comparison shopping on Tire Rack and came across the Defender T+H. I've had great luck running the Defender series tires on our CRV and Pilot so I'm inclined to give them a closer look. Price wise, our local dealership has buy 3 get 1 free and the Defenders out the door are $40 more than the Assurance tires. This includes mounting, balancing, disposal, shop fees and a four wheel alignment. I've done the online quotes from Tire Discounters and Wally World and the dealer beats both, especially Wally World who does not offer an alignment. Pretty surprised there on my part.

My question to the group is who is running these and how do you like them? Have you noticed any decrease in the MPG's from your factory tires? Right now we are averaging highway MPG's between 38-41. Factor in city and it drops to a respectable 37.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update here. I ended up picking up a nail in one of my tires which accelerated my replacement cycle. I called my dealer, verified the price, make and model of tire I wanted and scheduled it in last Friday. My Advisor comes out after 2.5hrs and says I'm all done, alignment was a bit out but good now and priced as quoted. Reviewing the paperwork, I noted a problem. They ended up putting on the Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires, not the Defenders. After a lot of discussion, it seems that the rep I spoke to never verified they could get the Defenders and never placed an order for them. They had the Primacy's in stock so just installed them. Long story short, I ended up staying with the Primacy and they ate the cost difference. They are nice and quite, no drop in MPG's and should have a rain day here later this week to see how they do in the wet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts