Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed my timing belt because it was making that noise and the arrow wasn't pointing on the mark. After 2 weeks it does the same sound and the arrow is up again. This is what it looked like before and 2 weeks after changing it. I hear the noise when the car is in drive and my foot on the brake pedal. untitled.png (the picture is not mine...its to show how it was)

Any help Thank you

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I know the picture is not the timing belt, but this is the mark that tells you if your timing belt needs to be changed. Well that's what I read in some posts in the forum.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,647 Posts
If that is what I think it is, it is the serpentine belt tensioner, nothing to do with timing belt.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Yes I know the picture is not the timing belt, but this is the mark that tells you if your timing belt needs to be changed. Well that's what I read in some posts in the forum.
There is no such thing, you are misinformed.

Can you post the links of where you are reading this (incorrect) info?

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,650 Posts
You can't see the timing belt, with just the hood up. There are 3 covers over the timing belt. The belt going around the tensioner in the picture, is called the serpentine or drive belt. They used to call this a fan belt, but most cars now have electric fans, so the name changed.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Someone is trolling again.:naughty:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
to check the tensioner basically you look at that arrow with the engine off and then start the car. the arrow should be about the same place.

if it moves excessively or shakes excessively replace it.

as far as your noise goes I would remove the drive belt and start the engine, to start with. if the noise is gone you know it's related to the drive belt.

as you already know I'm sure, the t-belt is not visible without taking covers off, etc, and that mark is no indication of the timing belt condition, which is a much sturdier belt.

·
2004 Accord EX Sedan 5AT
16 Posts
Timing belt on an I4 ? I4 has a timing chain. So you are refering to a serpentine belt. I had a chirping sound and it was the tensioner wheel. Very easy to replace.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the confusion... I had in my mind serpentine belt but for some reason I wrote timing belt. :dunno:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts