Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know there are a few threads about tint, but my question is a bit more specific.

I have a white accord coupe and Im looking to get a classy look, but also try something different. Everyone does black, and most tint places only offer black. But I really want to try and get that stock Lexus SUV look. A light mirrored look without being a full ghetto mirror.

I called one of the biggest shops around and they told me they can actually install tint that goes on glass buildings. Its called..

Huper Optik ECS 40

Its actually a ceramic based tint that offers a slight mirror to it unlike the plan black tint. Now of course, its nearly twice the price of regular tint. They said it does have better properties for heat and comes with a lifetime transferable warrantee.

My question to you... Do you have any more suggestions that I could do in order to get a finished look like the examples below?

I have also heard of layering two types of tint together...
blue and grey???
mirror and grey???
red and grey????

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,068 Posts
Watch out for your state laws. Some explicitly forbid mirrored and/or colored (non-gray) tints. Those ceramic tints supposedly also affect cell reception and gps reception in your car. I just went with plain Jane 20% charcoal Laminar ATX (I'm not positive, just going off the top of my head) and it works fine here in PHX.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ See, I almost feel the complete opposite.

I really want to go with this look...

·
7th Gear
344 Posts
^ See, I almost feel the complete opposite.

I really want to go with this look...

I always wondered how Lexus is allowed to do the mirror like tint from factory if most states ban them.

·
Retired G-Man
776 Posts
Watch out for your state laws. Some explicitly forbid mirrored and/or colored (non-gray) tints. Those ceramic tints supposedly also affect cell reception and gps reception in your car. I just went with plain Jane 20% charcoal Laminar ATX (I'm not positive, just going off the top of my head) and it works fine here in PHX.
Ceramic, e.g., Pinnacle One, and carbon, e.g., CarbonXP, based tints do not affect GPS, cell, or radio reception.

It is the metallic-based tints that do that. Ceramic and carbon are non-metallic.

And yes, check your State tinting laws before installing reflective and colored tint. Also find the minimum light transmission allowed in your State

·
Retired G-Man
776 Posts
OEM tint seems to slide by the various State laws. Applied tint though is subject to inspection by police and people do get fines and citations to remove illegal tints. Enforcement varies widely of course.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know the laws, we can sway away from that subject. Strictly triying to get opinions on color combos, price options, and various custom tricks to get the look I want.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know, I just wanted something different. I wanted it to be mirrored enough to hide me just a bit, but not too mirrored that it looks tinted. Even lighter then the stock lexus tint.

Im looking for something like a 30-35% mirror. Enough that I could illegally tint the front windows in NH but people might have to look twice to realize they are really after market tinted and not just reflective stock.

Does that make any sense?

I actually like the first examples I used instead of the lexus tint now that I look at it further. The lexus tint is almost too "mirrory". I think I want to go more towards a light blue shade similar to that mercedez

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I know there are a few threads about tint, but my question is a bit more specific.

I have a white accord coupe and Im looking to get a classy look, but also try something different. Everyone does black, and most tint places only offer black. But I really want to try and get that stock Lexus SUV look. A light mirrored look without being a full ghetto mirror.

I called one of the biggest shops around and they told me they can actually install tint that goes on glass buildings. Its called..

Huper Optik ECS 40

Its actually a ceramic based tint that offers a slight mirror to it unlike the plan black tint. Now of course, its nearly twice the price of regular tint. They said it does have better properties for heat and comes with a lifetime transferable warrantee.

My question to you... Do you have any more suggestions that I could do in order to get a finished look like the examples below?

I have also heard of layering two types of tint together...
blue and grey???
mirror and grey???
red and grey????

I actually have the Huper Optik 40% on my car; I live in the south and it does make a huge difference, blocking the heat. I had my front windshield tinted too, with Ceramic 70%. You couldn't even tell it was tinted; that's until a rock cracked the windshield! I haven't got back around to getting it re-done, but I sure do miss it! I hope this helps...

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took a good look at my car last night. The only problem that I find is going to be the color transitions.

The tinted mirror glass, then goes to the thick black surround and then to chrome trim and then to white car. The coupe windows and the back window has a large black strip built into the window that you cant cover with tint so you dont get the whole mirrored finish right up to the chrome which I wanted. This makes me lean back towards black again. With black at least it will blend in with the already black surround on the glass.

Wrong year, but gives you the same example of the back portal window

·
Registered
113 Posts
u need to ask yourself what purpose you want to achieve with the tint, heat rejection or looks.

if you want heat rejection go with ceramic tint like huper optik or like pinnacle formula one

if you want looks then no sense in spending the money on ceramic tint

here in TEXAS to me its all about heat rejection having ceramic tint and yes there is very noticeable difference between ceramic and non ceramic

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I live in NH, so its more about the looks. Since I cant find the proper mirrored tint in a cheaper form, I think Im going to stick with black then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.