Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just recently bought a 2008 Accord coupe and I'm not sure if I should tint my tail lights or not. And if i do decide to get them tinted should i tint all of it or leave the white regular and just the red tinted?! If you have your tinted I would love some pics. Opinions are helpful too

·
Banned
13,102 Posts
Here is my opinion....Anything you do to reduce visibility is dangerous and illegal. The police may/may not decide to enforce the law when they see you drive by. But if you get into an accident, know that most insurance companies will mitigate your insurance (as per the agreement you signed) when you modify your car in such a way.

Welcome to Drive Accord.

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
Dont tint your tail lights, invest money on aftermarket led tails that have the interior blacked out and call it a day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't find any aftermarket led taillights that were smoked out for the 2008 coupes

& What do you mean pull the bulbs?

·
Black Coupe v6 EX-L '12
36 Posts
I'm going to be tinting mine. Depends on where you live and how strict the cops are. Where I live everybody has tints. But then again this is IL lol. If ur worried about a car accident just don't tint them that dark.

·
Ductus Exemplo
106 Posts
Mine have an extremely light tint to them and I honestly have no idea how it was done because the previous owner did it. You'd swear they were factory, but next to a car with factory tails mine look noticeably darker. I wish I knew how the previous owner did it! It's so perfectly subtle and looks 100% factory.

·
Running NYC
991 Posts
I would prefer the led blacked out aftermarkerts over the tinted oem tailights anyday.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
I used to have tinted OEM tail lights. I upgraded my sedan tails to Eagle Eye aftermarket LED tails - if I chose to tint them, they would still be safe as the LEDs are much brighter compared to OEM and wouldn't risk being rear-ended. However, I kept them as is since the Eagle Eye set is a cherry red as opposed to the bright red the OEM tail lights are.

·
Snicker Dog
208 Posts
He has a COUPE. Here is a picture of my tints.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts