Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting my windows tinted. I assume this is done on the inside of the windows. Is there anything I need to look out for when the company tints the back windows? I assume they know not to interfere with the defrosters and I think the AM antenna is located on the back window.

·
Luv2Drum
119 Posts
Yes...professionals in the field will put your mind at ease.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I assume the pros know how to handle the back window. Just posting here to make sure a bunch of people don't pop up with horror stories to scare me off ;-)

·
Registered
95 Posts
As long as you go to someone reputable, and not in the back of an alley you should be okay.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had mine tinted last week. They really did a superb job, well...it was a woman doing the tinting. On my last car I was a little concerned because the rear window didn't seem to have much clarity. The dealer told me that it would clear up. Never did. They did a few cars before that one and no problems whatsoever, especially doing the coupe back window of a vette. I liked them because it was all computer cut, no need for a knife to cut it in, I liked that. It seems most of the tint shops are cutting using software today. To include the tint shop that just did my Accord last week. Back window is clear as can be with no distortion. I purchased Carbon XP, isn't cheap but well worth it imo....Now, to see if I can get them to clay bar, polish, seal and wax it for me :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had mine tinted last week. They really did a superb job, well...it was a woman doing the tinting. On my last car I was a little concerned because the rear window didn't seem to have much clarity. The dealer told me that it would clear up. Never did. They did a few cars before that one and no problems whatsoever, especially doing the coupe back window of a vette. I liked them because it was all computer cut, no need for a knife to cut it in, I liked that. It seems most of the tint shops are cutting using software today. To include the tint shop that just did my Accord last week. Back window is clear as can be with no distortion. I purchased Carbon XP, isn't cheap but well worth it imo....Now, to see if I can get them to clay bar, polish, seal and wax it for me :cool:
What % did you go with on the windows? Also, any pics?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Do you have a sedan or a coupe? The coupe's rear window has tint dots across the top part of the rear window which are a form of tint to keep the sun off the rear seat passengers heads. The tint will not stick to the dots. Mine is tinted below the dots which doesn't bother me and seems fine. I have also had tinted windows in other cars and it doesn't affect the defroster or radio antenna functions. A good shop should give you a lifetime warrantee. Hopefully you choose a tint shop that's still in business 10 or 15 years down the road if you still own the car.

After you have them tinted don't clean the inside of the glass with an ammonia based cleaner like windex.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A good shop should give you a lifetime warrantee.

When I had mine tinted a month ago, I was completely surprised when I was handed a warranty card and was told I can take it to any dealer who uses the brand I got. I didn't know there were different types of stuff, I just thought tint was tint. When I got my last 2 vehicles tinted at another shop, there was no talk of any type of warranty. I feel a lot better now with this new place I went to.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What % did you go with on the windows? Also, any pics?
Went with the 35% all windows. No tint on windshield. They use SunTek Carbon XP and it comes with the "Lifetime" warranty...It is a bit pricey but as long as I'm happy with it is all that matters in the end. It looks pretty good with the white orchid pearl. I'll snap off some images whenever I get the chance. I was going to wait until I finish with a few other items before images. Here in Fla the legal tint you can apply is 28% front sides and 15% for rears and back. If I wanted to go any less than 35% with the Carbon XP, they had 18% but requested I sign a waiver for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts