Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

To tint the fronts or not?

• Tint backs dark and tint the fronts light.

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Tint backs dark and leave the fronts alone untinted.

Votes: 3 14.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black V6 touring that needs tints this weekend.
Getting the back windows limo black for sure but should I do the fronts light or just not bother?
I do not like the all round limo look so its strictly a choice from above.

What do you guys recommend? any pics?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Definitely same percentage all around. I have 5%. Not dark at all once you get used to it. I actually want to go darker. Like 2.5%.

·
Registered
84 Posts
aha we do have a couple perks up here with the 18" rims and heated rear seats and black leather but the only thing missing is the adaptive cruise control i would actually enjoy having that feature but it is also something i can live without
I would trade the ACC for the 18s in a heartbeat. The ACC leaves way too much space in front even on the closest setting, and from what I see it pisses off a lot of drivers following me. Thankfully you can change it to regular cruise control.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Same tint all around.
^^^^this^^^^ I went with 35% Carbon XP and have noticed a significant difference in the week I've been driving in this S. Fla sun. This film has great capability for blocking the UV rays without necessarily going with a very dark tint. Many prefer the privacy of the darker tints, but I just wanted to control the heat more...plus my car is white so it reflects a bit more than the black would absorb. Sun Tek Carbon XP series film isn't a cheap film but does it's job extremely well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Call me a wimp but I wussed out of the tint all round and settled for 3m Color Stable life time warranty 5% rears. It looks great, I would of rathered a light tint on the front but I decided against it.

Why?

Well I did a little research and CA limit is 70% for the fronts. Apparently most factory car manufacturers windows are already 75-85%. So applying even the lightest 70% tint to the window would in fact A) be useless and B) actually make it illegal.

I'm not worried about the fix it tickets, I got one on my 535i when I first arrived in the CA and had 30% fronts, I'm actually worried about getting into an accident that is my fault. However unlikely people have commented, it is, in my opinion, entirely possible for an insurance company to reject a claim where you are at fault if they can prove the window tint was a factor. With state law stating 70% is the limit on the fronts I suspect this would not be difficult for them to do. Being a new car valued around 34k-ish if I where to get into a big accident or cause health damage to someone, they would seek any clause they could to not pay out.

It looks great, being black on black it actually makes it look so much better and the darkness of the rears make the fronts look smoked, i'm happy, but I would of liked 50% on the front.

·
Registered
83 Posts
20% all around. Plus having the moon roof open helps to decrease the intensity of the tints when looking from the outside because more light is able to enter. It also depends on your state laws. In PA there is no percentage limit on tints. As long as you can see inside it is legal, but no tints on the windshield. I got pulled over once in a small town and stated the law and he let me go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.