Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 Accord. Between the two map lights there is a tiny little light that is referred to in my owner's manual as a "courtesy light". Do you know what it's purpose is? It shines very dimly if you hold your finger near it.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
It is actually usable light at night down in the cubby/shifter area.

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
Why, there is nothing that little ambient light can't do! I use it to interrogate mice that I catch in my car. I hold them up to the light and scream, "Talk mouse!"

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Why, there is nothing that little ambient light can't do! I use it to interrogate mice that I catch in my car. I hold them up to the light and scream, "Talk mouse!"
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Funniest post I've seen in awhile!! :thmsup:

·
Missing my ED7
35 Posts
I was also wondering about this light just the other night.
Are you suggesting that it has some functional use?
It really does not seem to illuminate anything.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
At night. As stated before, it gives a reference point for the home link, it lights up your shifter and it's designed to not be so bright as to distract your night driving.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
133 Posts
try putting a piece of electric tape over it and see if there's a difference. I noticed how the light illuminated the interior immediately when i first bought the car. maybe because my interior is black.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,685 Posts
If you are out driving at night, and it's really dark (no moon or street lights etc.) you can easily see the area around the shifter and cup holders are slightly lighted by that tiny ambient light. I need a replacement bulb for my ambient light.

·
Accordial
36 Posts
It's just for looks honestly. One of those little 'touches' Honda threw in. Wish I had one in my LX:thumbsdow

·
Registered
355 Posts
Is is the same color for coupes and sedans? I have a coupe and mine is amber. Are sedans the same?

·
I love plastidip
230 Posts
I hadn't really noticed the light until I read this thread. I thought it was something with saying the alarm was activated, or some system was running. However for such a tiny light it sure does light up the selector and radio in the dark of night.

·
Missing my ED7
35 Posts
I was dead wrong.
Living in the city, I don't get alot of true "dark"
Finally saw how useful it was last night.

·
Just got my 11 EX sedan!
182 Posts
usable light? WTF are you guys smoking? lets see now. it lights up the shifter, and cup holders. ummm do you actually look at the shifter to select drive? same thing with cup holder. ive only had my 05 for just over 2 weeks now, and don't even use the dash indicator for putting it in any gear. personally its a light the salesman uses to make the accord sound upscale. " sir this car gives you mood lighting via this light here on the roof!"

more than likely its a way Honda can add money to the cost of the car. LOL its like a hole .50 for the light. cost more for the wire, molding the hole for the light, salery for the guy to design the plastic panel holding it. im sorry for getting up on my soapbox and venting. i do feel better now.

Jerry gets down off his soapbox, abs scurries away.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I really like it in mine. As mentioned, it does just light up things in the console area and around just enough that you don't need to turn on the map light if you are looking for something bigger than a quarter. The map light can be blinding sometimes it's too bright.

But the cool thing is.. the ambient light is hardly noticeable (as mentioned in this thread) isn't distracting at all!

·
Just got my 11 EX sedan!
182 Posts
useless to me.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
unplug it then. It's wasting precious fuel to illuminate.

·
Just got my 11 EX sedan!
182 Posts
hey be nice to the fat guy. actually it would be wasting speed/power. to get the absolute top speed you would turn off everything you can, close windows, and go for it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts