Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Honda World, I have purchased a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L back in November 2013. I have been looking through much of the threads on this site for some time, and I do admire the time and care you guys put into this!

Onto the issue that I have. Since I bought the car I started to notice that there was a lump building up on the driver side leather seat. I want to address the issue before it gets worse. see attached.

The next issue that I have is what I noticed today. Its a tiny scratch on the left side of the hood. The scratch is about 2-3 mm big. Not big, but noticeable. Another issue that I want to take care of before it gets worse. See attached

I called the local Honda dealer about it, and they told me that would have to take a look at it, but it would charge me at a discounted rate because the warranty does not cover "wear and tear." So I am not sure what I can do, or what my options are. What do you guys think I should do?

Attachments

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Dude, those are both wear items.

Jay

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good lord some people don't understand thats things wear down. Damn those micro scratches(;

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
So.....tempting......must resist posting anything....... :)

Good luck with your items. These are very small wear items as mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
You'll notice the swirls and paint chip soon.... and seems like someone had a wallet in their right back pocket causing that part to stretch a bit. normal.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Hello Honda World, I have purchased a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L back in November 2013. I have been looking through much of the threads on this site for some time, and I do admire the time and care you guys put into this!

Onto the issue that I have. Since I bought the car I started to notice that there was a lump building up on the driver side leather seat. I want to address the issue before it gets worse. see attached.

The next issue that I have is what I noticed today. Its a tiny scratch on the left side of the hood. The scratch is about 2-3 mm big. Not big, but noticeable. Another issue that I want to take care of before it gets worse. See attached

I called the local Honda dealer about it, and they told me that would have to take a look at it, but it would charge me at a discounted rate because the warranty does not cover "wear and tear." So I am not sure what I can do, or what my options are. What do you guys think I should do?
for the lump, see here... http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169322
Read my post explaining or the wet rag post to fix it.

The scratch is nothing that touch up paint looks like it wont fix... thats def on you, not the dealer.
You'll notice the swirls and paint chip soon.... and seems like someone had a wallet in their right back pocket causing that part to stretch a bit. normal.
I'm the guy who started the other thread. My seat issue started out just like yours and has only gotten worse over the first five months of ownership. Look at pics in both threads and you'll see what I mean. I wear my wallet, when I carry one, in my left back pocket so that does not explain the location of the leather pucker. It may be normal, maybe not. I still plan to check it out with the dealer. If I can't get any satisfaction going through normal channels guess I'll just have to live with it.

·
4,637 Posts
Use some touch up paint to fill in the chip via a toothpick. Duplicolor is very good and available at Autozone or the paint from the dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's called wear and tear. Learn to accept it.
Why should he accept it? This is just a guess but I bet there are more of us on here that don't have the bump than those that do.
OP, I've had my car since August and don't have any signs at all of a deformity. I have 8,500 miles on mine so I drive a bit.
Looks like another poster just confirmed his dealer will replace the cover.
Good luck!

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Why should he accept it? This is just a guess but I bet there are more of us on here that don't have the bump than those that do.
OP, I've had my car since August and don't have any signs at all of a deformity. I have 8,500 miles on mine so I drive a bit.
Looks like another poster just confirmed his dealer will replace the cover.
Good luck!
It's not a bump, it's the leather which has stretched from being sat on. Has zero effect on comfort. The person who claims that Honda is replacing his seat cover seem equally ridiculous. Take a look at any car seat that has been used and you'll see the same thing. Some people on here are ridiculously anal about the most miniscule imperfections.

·
Registered
275 Posts
So.....tempting......must resist posting anything....... :)

Good luck with your items. These are very small wear items as mentioned above.
Ok Marty, that made me laugh out loud :biggrin:

Seriously, I'd give you a pass on this one as far as the paint goes.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
It's not a bump, it's the leather which has stretched from being sat on. Has zero effect on comfort. The person who claims that Honda is replacing his seat cover seem equally ridiculous. Take a look at any car seat that has been used and you'll see the same thing. Some people on here are ridiculously anal about the most miniscule imperfections.
Word :thmsup:

Ok Marty, that made me laugh out loud :biggrin:

Seriously, I'd give you a pass on this one as far as the paint goes.
My car now has 1400 miles and according to Edmunds it is now a "used" car and its theoretical value is lower than the number that I paid according to the sales receipt from several months back. This troubles me and I'm not sure the salesman fully explained this to me.

In addition, my floormats are whitish with salt, and there seems to be some dirty scuffs or footprints on the rear sides of my front seats. Those dirty spots look to be similar in size to the boots that my kids wear but I can't be certain, could be some sort of manufacturing defect at the Honda plant or at one of their suppliers that is now just rearing its ugly head.

I think I'll take it in to the dealer to see whether they might be able to address some of these deficiencies, because seriously the car is only TWO MONTHS OLD and this is kind of ridiculous that it looks like it does ALREADY. I spent my hard earned money on this car and I expect more from Honda! In fact I seriously question whether I'd ever buy a Honda again given how dirty my car looks after only a couple months.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Anal and ridiculous . Your vocabulary is impressive. You live with your imperfections and I'll live with mine. Whether you accept it or believe it is of no consequence to me. The fact of the matter is my dealer has ordered a new driver's seat cover for my vehicle and instructed me to call on Monday to verify it is in and to set up an appointment for installation. You were wrong in all your assertions so I suggest you just get over it (that is until you find another post to attempt to hijack with your superior intellect). Notice I did not have to resort to calling you anal or ridiculous to get my point across. As a matter of fact I was rather complimentary.

Word :thmsup:

My car now has 1400 miles and according to Edmunds it is now a "used" car and its theoretical value is lower than the number that I paid according to the sales receipt from several months back. This troubles me and I'm not sure the salesman fully explained this to me.

In addition, my floormats are whitish with salt, and there seems to be some dirty scuffs or footprints on the rear sides of my front seats. Those dirty spots look to be similar in size to the boots that my kids wear but I can't be certain, could be some sort of manufacturing defect at the Honda plant or at one of their suppliers that is now just rearing its ugly head.

I think I'll take it in to the dealer to see whether they might be able to address some of these deficiencies, because seriously the car is only TWO MONTHS OLD and this is kind of ridiculous that it looks like it does ALREADY. I spent my hard earned money on this car and I expect more from Honda! In fact I seriously question whether I'd ever buy a Honda again given how dirty my car looks after only a couple months.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

As far as I'm concerned your posts regarding this matter are irrelevant. My driver's seat cover is being replaced whether you think it is justified or not. Your sarcasm should now be following on quite a few deaf ears as you have been proven totally wrong. Continue to enjoy your vehicle as I will certainly continue to enjoy mine.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
As far as I'm concerned your posts regarding this matter are irrelevant. My driver's seat cover is being replaced whether you think it is justified or not. Your sarcasm should now be following on quite a few deaf ears as you have been proven totally wrong. Continue to enjoy your vehicle as I will certainly continue to enjoy mine.
You got a new seat cover - great! And you never answered my other question. What will you do when it stretches again in 5 months?

I haven't been "proven totally wrong" by the way. My posts are basically saying "quit being so meticulous and quit expecting Honda to replace everything on your car" Just because Honda is doing this for you doesn't make you "right" by the way. If Honda adds an extra 50 bucks to every car to pay for guys like you later in the warranty process, then I'm wasting 50 bucks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts