Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys has anyone noticed tiny scratches on the machine part of their rims on their 2014 Accord Sport 18in rim? I just came across these today while I was washing my car. Usually I use the brush at the self car wash that's for the wheels. It looks just like your reg wheel brush to remove dirt and brake build up. I'm not really sure if the brush caused it or just the fact that the material is just so easily scratched. I rinse the brush off before I use it on my wheels. I guess it could be just regular driving and road grime like rocks dirt sand that come in contact with the wheels. All other parts of the rim look great I had the car for a little over a year now. 2014 4DR Accord Sport 6speed.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Those brush at the car wash have dirt and debris that sticks to them, so using them on any surface will scratch it. That's why when I am forced to use a car wash, I either go through the touchless wash or use the self pressure washer and skip the brush.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I feel like using the brush at the car wash on them did that to the machine finish. I was more curious if anyone else had the same issue.

As I mentioned before I rinsed the brush really well before actually using it on any part of my car. The car wash I use has a different brush for the wheels and for the body of the car. My paint looks fresh besides the daily driving rock chips on bumper from NY State roads and harsh winters. I've used that type of a brush on my other vehicles rims and ever had an issue.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think it's something about the finish on these wheels. I have a wheel brush with plastic bristles I've used on my S2000's wheels for years with no problems. But after just the second time I washed the 16" wheels on my brand new LX with it, I noticed scratches that looked just like in your picture.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have the same scratches and would love a nice solution. I don't know if this clear coat is the same as that used on the vehicle paint, so idk if a scratch remover would be appropriate. I considered spraying with a clear coat spray, but would want the scratches gone first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts