Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Tire and Rim Weight

28K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  blauestimme 
#1 ·
What's the weight of the stock tires and rims on a 2010 accord v6 coupe. I'm buying new 19's and I want to see if they are lighter than the stock 18's.

#2 ·
18x8 OEM coupe wheels w/o tire 26lbs, with my Yok's Envigor they are 53lbs.

#3 ·
Tire should be 27 lbs. (according to manufacturer's listed #)

Not sure about wheel though. I think they're like 25 lbs.

If you have a scale, weight both the wheel with tire, then subtract 27 lbs from it to get wheel weight.

EDIT....

Was close. inspire08 says they're 26 lbs. So, 53 lbs for both.

#5 ·
You are correct 17x7.5 OEM honda wheels from sedan are 25lbs each wheel, why I know I just replaced my 17 with coupe 18x8 wheels and I tried to weigh every single one of them with and w/o tires. As far as the tires they all have diff. weight ranging from 22-30lbs, I ended up buying the Yoks Envigor 27lbs since I dont need the Cont DWS 22lbs.>>>>>>>>>>>>235 45 18 is what I have

#6 ·
Are you asking about weight because of performance? (Heavier rims - greater rotational inertia - hurt performance, blah, blah, blah.) If yes, just note that even if the 19's weigh the same as your 18's they will still increase rotational inertia because you've moved the weight 1/2 inch farther away from the axis. If your 18-inch rims weighs 26 pounds, you'll need to find 19-inch rims that weigh 22 pounds to keep the rotational inertia the same.

If anyone is interested, my OEM 17 X 6.5 rims weigh 22 pounds.

#8 ·
This might look good on paper, but you have to consider the weight and overall diameter of the tire and wheel together to figure out if the overall resistance to rotation has been altered.

Just weighed one of my 17x7.5 OEM wheels. 25 lbs and 12 ounces.

#17 ·
To the best of my knowledge, OEM 16 inch rims weigh around 18-19 pounds. The lighter/smaller rims would improve straight line acceleration and braking. However the taller sidewalls would flex in hard corners and hurt higher speed handling. They would also look less sporty. There's a trade-off.

#16 ·
Rotational inertia discussions notwithstanding, lowering the unsprung weight with lighter wheels and tires is an important advantage. Thus the move away from steel wheels towards alloys--lower unsprung weights improve handling.

#19 ·
To me, the higher sidewalls look more sporty. You don't see too many 19 inch rims with low profile on the track.

Be careful with your tire selection too, some of them can differ by up to 5lbs in the same size (according to tirerack anyhow). I found in general, the continental and most Japanese performance tires are lighter than most (ie michelin, kumho etc) .

#20 ·
anyone know the weight of the 16x6.5 lx-p rim for the 2010 accord?
thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.