Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was driving along after work yesterday and heard a VERY loud clang noise, sounded like a huge rock hit underneath my car b/c it was a giant bang.. i kept driving hoping nothing hit anywhere visible (like a rock hitting the side or front) and i drive like another 10 minutes and my car feels like it's swaying (like it does when it's super windy).. i pull up at the post office and my tire is completely flat (i noticed the tpms light go on a few minutes before stopping)...

didn't feel like changing it to the spare there, so i drove a mile down the road directly to the tire shop and $220 i have some odd Cooper tire on my car now.... they had that or yokohama in my size.

part of owning a car i guess, but i hate dropping $$ on somethin like that when the tire still had probably 20k on it ugh.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
So now you've got two different tires on either the front or rear? Not a good thing to have. When I had to replace a tire on my Accord I chose to buy another stock Michelin, not because I really wanted to, but because mixing tires is a recipe for disaster.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
tire patch is usually $10. unless your tire is not repairable (side puncture), why you get a new tire to begin with?
In my case the puncture was in the sidewall so a new tire was required.

·
Registered
188 Posts
yea, driving 100ft on a flat tire just obliterates the side wall. that tires is seeee ya. yea i agree w/ markus, i woulda bought 2 coopers at least to not have an odd tire on 1 corner. the front & rear should match ideally. next best is same rear & then same front.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,716 Posts
$220 for a tire? And a Cooper tire at that.

Should have put on the spare and ordered 2 new tires from somewhere else.

·
Registered
399 Posts
yea, driving 100ft on a flat tire just obliterates the side wall. that tires is seeee ya. yea i agree w/ markus, i woulda bought 2 coopers at least to not have an odd tire on 1 corner. the front & rear should match ideally. next best is same rear & then same front.
Do you know where the shift or the caps lock keys are?

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,441 Posts
nothing wrong with using lowercase. there was a post on here earlier today that was much more brutal....

·
6,322 Posts
What model Cooper is it? The CS4 is pretty good. My dad replaced the oem Michelins on his Camry with them(16 inch). Very quiet and good traction. He liked the Michelins but favors the Coopers even more. He paid $450 installed then received a prepaid $50 Visa card. Has had them for over a year/20k miles.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
first time i've seen someone complain about not using caps enough :lmao:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
cry about it... this isnt english class... nor is it a professional work environment. its a forum... if your that anal about it please remove yourself from existence

1 - 14 of 14 Posts