Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the rear right tire blowout on my way to work. Gonna need to get a new one but was curious about recommendations. The tires(and car for that matter) have a little over 12,000 miles on them. OEM tires on a 2015 Accord V6 EX-L. Haven't checked the treads on the tires yet. Just happened, threw the temp on and hurried to work, was already late as it was. Should I just replace the one with a new OEM tire? Replace all of them with some new tires of my choice? Also how many miles is the threshold for when I should replace the temp with a new one or just put it back in the trunk?

·
Reverse Gear
999 Posts
Had the rear right tire blowout on my way to work. Gonna need to get a new one but was curious about recommendations. The tires(and car for that matter) have a little over 12,000 miles on them. OEM tires on a 2015 Accord V6 EX-L. Haven't checked the treads on the tires yet. Just happened, threw the temp on and hurried to work, was already late as it was. Should I just replace the one with a new OEM tire? Replace all of them with some new tires of my choice? Also how many miles is the threshold for when I should replace the temp with a new one or just put it back in the trunk?
Most tires with 12,000 miles on them will have a decent amount of tread left. It will depend on your driving habits, so you do actually have to check them to be sure. Especially if you have no complaints about the tires that are already on the car, I would just replace the one with an OEM tire. If you have the Michelins as OEM, one tire is fairly expensive. If you have the Goodyears as OEM, it will be about $40-$50 less.

·
Honda only...
439 Posts
Just buy a replacement tire,Michelin tires are a bit pricey.but makes no sense to replace all 4 when you only need one.
Tire rack has reasonable prices but you would need a tire shop to install and balance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts