Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
loving the V6 growl :D
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hayoo!

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to have them check if the tire bubble is manufacturer defect or my fault. :thumbsdow

anyhow, my initial impression on how they talked to me on the phone ---- is that they gonna screw and will make it my fault. :paranoid: $$

question:

** my common sense tells me that I should inflate my tires 1 below the tire spec.. is this the right way?

** how can you tell if its how I drive? (hit a road curve, potholes, etc)

**any tactic on how should I let the manufacturer/dealer take care of it?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Bubble on the side of a tire are usually cause by you hitting a pothole or a sidewalk. I highly doubt they will pay for that. Never seen a defect tire do that before but hey, I'm no mechanics.

·
Registered
74 Posts
you should be inflating your tires to either what the sticker on the door jam says or +1 or +2 above that. 1 psi below what the tire says means you regularly go over the recommended psi because tires heat up while driving and as a result gain pressure

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Tires are warranteed by the manufacturer not Honda. It's right in the warranty booklet.

Jay

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Unless there is a visible defect on the inside of the tire they will pin it on you. How many miles on the tires? Replacing a single tire can get tricky. I had a bubble once and just let it ride for about 5k miles until I needed to replace all 4 anyway. But I would never recommend that because the integrity of the tire has been compromised.

·
2013 Accord EX-L V6 Navi
9 Posts
99.99999% of the time a bubble on the sidewall is from impact damage caused by hitting a curb, pothole, etc….

·
Registered
462 Posts
It can be from a curb. However I had this happen on my motorcycle tire once when gas got spilled on it. Could anything have spilled on it?

·
loving the V6 growl :D
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to mention this is on my DD (honda fit) :D

almost 2500 miles, ONLY city drive. to my recollection I never hit a pothole nor curb, sidewalk.. :(

The location of the bubble is on the upper sidewall.. Also, I doubt I'll hit a curve on the driver side of the car since almost all of the daily commute is turning right not left

Unless there is a visible defect on the inside of the tire they will pin it on you. How many miles on the tires? Replacing a single tire can get tricky. I had a bubble once and just let it ride for about 5k miles until I needed to replace all 4 anyway. But I would never recommend that because the integrity of the tire has been compromised.
5K miles? is this serious?

I am terrified driving now. :(

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
** my common sense tells me that I should inflate my tires 1 below the tire spec.. is this the right way?
What tire spec are you referring to? What pressure did you inflate the tires to?

I forgot to mention this is on my DD (honda fit) :D
And why is this thread in the 9th Gen forum?!?! :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts