Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,426 Posts
The only part I would worry about is that the tires are not covered for misalignment, road hazards etc.

Most tire retailers will sell you a road hazard guarantee for a couple of dollars per tire which I have used in the past sue to flats that are run on. If you get a nail in a tire and drive it even a couple of miles with very low pressure you will ruin the tire. That is usually covered under the road hazard warrantee. Also the dealer can stick you for the mounting and balancing. If you go for this warrantee will they cover the tires if you bring in the car for an oil change and they notice that you are getting unusual wear due to an alignment issue? Sometimes you can't tell that the car is out of alignment until you see uneven wear.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
I agree. Too many questionable. Too many variables that can make them not want to change the tire for you or what tires they will equip your car with.

I have found recently that Costco has the best price on tires when you factor in all the costs involved, not to mention lifetime rotation and balance for the tire.
Costco has only one drawback. They will not make reservations for tire balance and rotation. This ploy is to get you to spend as much time as possible in the store. I bring my car in when they first open the doors in the morning. However, they offer a wonderful road hazard warrantee. I had a flat tire on the freeway and had to drive on it to get to the shoulder. When I brought the tire to Costco they not only replaced it, based on tread wear. but also replaced the one on the other axel because the matching tire was no longer available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.