Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
617 Posts
You can try pushing down on the strut mounts on either side. If it doesn't come right back up after you push it down, then the shock is likely in need of replacement. There should be no "bounce" on this test when you push down.

· Registered
617 Posts
A well-written description answered this problem fast!

My right rear strut is doing this, and yes, there is a oil leak in the strut's seal. Springtime project...
I think the same thing may be happening in one of my front struts.

Do you notice any noise (clunking/tumping) when the tire "bounces"? Something that might be like wheel hop?

· Registered
617 Posts
YES, more like a light rattle...but I live in Chicago and don't feel like lying on the driveway when it is 10 below outside. Must wait till Springtime.
You know, I think the leaking strut in my front passenger side might be what's causing the rattle/clunking noise coming from that corner when I go over dips in the road at slower speeds. I might have had my endlinks replaced for nothing :(

Do you ever notice the noise on the highway? For me it's mainly at lower speeds (<35 mph), and on rough roads with lots of dips and gaps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.