Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day - I am a new owner of a 2015 Honda Accord CVT sport model. I recently came from an Acura TL 4th generation model. The question I have relates to tire pressure. I just checked my tire pressure and the front drivers side tire was set at 41 psi. All 3 other tires were set at 35 psi. I checked the tire pressure cold. What do you owners set your pressure at for the best ride?

Thank you for your time - glad to be a Honda Owner

·
2013 Accord Sport 6MT
139 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the owner's manual states 32 PSI cold on all four tires. That being said I have mine at 35 PSI cold.

·
Elvira - the car
3,494 Posts
Good day - I am a new owner of a 2015 Honda Accord CVT sport model. I recently came from an Acura TL 4th generation model. The question I have relates to tire pressure. I just checked my tire pressure and the front drivers side tire was set at 41 psi. All 3 other tires were set at 35 psi. I checked the tire pressure cold. What do you owners set your pressure at for the best ride?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the 2015 Sport.

Someone at the dealership didn't do too good of a job of pre-delivery inspection. That 41 PSI is usually performed at the plant and left high upon delivery. Some think the high PSI is so that during transportation the car doesn't "bounce" around on the truck. Eh, could beee!

You'll probably need to reset the TPMS (tire pressure monitor) if you didn't already after lowering that one PSI tire.

40 harsh ride. No compliance of the tire. Longer stopping distance due to smaller contact patch. Hydroplanes WAY to easy at that pressure too.

33 is recommended (I think this is right for 2015) as seen on the doorjamb sticker. But, I have run at the recommended PSI and found a little less MPG (as measured by the computer) on my usual route. It also felt TOO compliant and "wobbly". Not dangerous wobbly but not to my liking.

35 all around is what I run and consider it a good compromise.

YMMV but you'll need to play with the PSI to adjust to your liking.

·
HK Moderator
13,873 Posts
Welcome to Drive Accord.

Tire pressure is up to you, depending on if you want a firmer or softer ride, if you take corners at 30 mph, and if you live in pothole heaven Detroit or smooth roads of Saudi Arabia....many here go from 32 psi up to 38 psi- with some at 40 psi.

As you are aware, always read the pressure when the tires are "cold".

Please update your info to include your location....

·
Registered
209 Posts
More information for you

The factory spec's are , front 33psi and rear 32 psi--- on sport model, which I have, Its your call. A number of members here are finding the Bridgestone brand tires ride hard ,are noisy and have balancing problems---- not all , but some. I have the Bridgestone's and have front end vibration problems---- after about 2500 miles. Dealer is playing games, has balanced the tires 3 times and each time they out of balance----odd--- yes. Ive always liked to go 2psi over factory settings. Its your call--- try different psi and keep what you like. In shipping the tires are set to 40-45psi and as another member stated sometimes the dealer does not do a reset. Thanks

·
Registered
2,623 Posts

35 psi...for best overall r&h. to me best "ride" = more than just butt soft.

·
Registered
377 Posts
+2-3psi in front

Having higher pressure in front helps reduce understeer.

I usually go +3 in front, +1 in rear.

If you like it less firm, just go +2 in front.

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I usually go 1 or 2 psi over. I take the car to the dealer for oil changes because it's inexpensive and they are quick. They check the pressures even though I tell them not to and I ALWAYS have to check and readjust. They are always all different after I go to the dealer.

·
HK Moderator
13,873 Posts
I usually go 1 or 2 psi over. I take the car to the dealer for oil changes because it's inexpensive and they are quick. They check the pressures even though I tell them not to and I ALWAYS have to check and readjust. They are always all different after I go to the dealer.
Ahhh, the random and excitingly high and lows of dealership-set tire pressure(s). My personal best was an 18 psi spread. No doubt to mitigate losses on game night. Thank you Carr's Honda of Chicago!

Show me one dealer with the brains to check and fill the 60 psi spare tire.

·
Registered
165 Posts
2015 Accord EX here.

I used to have 33 psi all around but I didn't like the choppy ride.
So I just recently dropped to 32 psi all around to see if it'd soften the ride.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Since I live in Buffalo, NY we get all four seasons so what works for me is I set them at 33 front and 32 rear when they're cold in the warmer months. Come cold weather season until late winter I bump them up a psi which makes them a little firmer on those really cold days. I have a 2014 sport with Goodyears and with the stock tire pressure setting I'm getting around 500 miles to a full tank of fuel on average in the summer.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
After my initial PDI and both tire rotations the dealer had me at 41 psi all around. Had to recalibrate the TPMS each time. Go figure.....

·
Registered
655 Posts
I keep my tires at 40 PSI front and rear. There's an earlier discussion about tire pressure, and I posted my reasons for 40 PSI here.

A review of that entire thread (starting here) reveals some of the same disagreements about tire pressure under this thread.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I keep my tires at 40 PSI front and rear. There's an earlier discussion about tire pressure, and I posted my reasons for 40 PSI here.

A review of that entire thread reveals some of the same disagreements about tire pressure under this thread.
I run 40 PSI on mine.

Once you put another tire or rim or both on your car those door PSI numbers mean nothing.

Look at the sidewall of your tire. You will see a MAX PSI number, anything from there down is fair game.

Load and temp will dictate a bit of this but what you like is what matters.

I like to feel the road but not every single little tar snake.

Tire wear is another issue too low and your going to wear em out faster

·
Registered
195 Posts
On my 8th gen I keep mine around 36-38PSI in the rear, 38-40PSI in the front. Since I got new tires (conti comfortcontact) and they're bigger wheels, I want to keep them as long as possible. @ 30-35psi there's just way too much sidewall bow for there to be decent tread contact (wear on the edges) at that pressure. Upping them to 38-40psi keeps the sidewall straight at the bottom of the tire and the tread patch seems to be quite even. With temps in the upper 90's, I'll check the pressure in the morning to be on the safe side. I'd rather run 38psi in the morning when its 70. By the time its afternoon I know they're at 40-42psi, and with driving they're probably around 44-45PSI...borderline max for me.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts