Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Recently, my right rear tire has been setting off the TPMS sensor. I know its the right rear one cuz I checked the pressure of every tire when it comes on and its always the right rear that's low. I tried filling it up with Fix-A-Flat (cuz its worked in the past with other cars) and it worked for a while but now the TPMS is going off again and it's that same tire. Does anyone have any ideas of why that one tire is leaking air or how to fix it? Or even check to find out where the leak is coming from? I really don't want to have to buy a new tire for a car that's one year old. Just passed the one year mark.

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Fix-A-Flat should only ever be a temporary solution. And even if the tire seems to retain air after one use, the tire should still be inspected for proper mounting / screws in the tread.

If you noticed the tire was consistently loosing pressure that was a red flag that something was wrong.

Also, you should NEVER use Fix-A-Flat with TPMS. It's a sure way gunk up the sensors. Hopefully it's not permanently damaged.

At this point, a trip to the dealer or tire shop is in order to inspect the tire. It's probably an easy tire repair to stop the air leaking. But don't be surprised if a new sensor is needed.

·
I snapped my G string....
3,865 Posts
Bring it to a tire shop. The only thing I can see will be a problem is that, you may need to get another TPMS sensor for that wheel. The Fix a Flat ruins the sensors.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sigh. I had no idea fix-a-flat would do that to the TPMS. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Friday night, I pumped up the tire and drove my gf's brother to work. Then I drove back home and the tire was still at the same pressure with the light still on. Drove it the next morning to my mechanic who looked at all the tires and said they're all fine. Drove it later that day to a wedding and the TPMS light was on the entire time even though the pressure was right. Then Sunday I drove to gf's house and the light wasn't lit. I'm so confused right now but I'm going to keep checking the tire pressures...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts