Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2013 Sport
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team.....I know I had this question nested in another post I had but most did not respond. Thought I would separate to get responses specifically on topic.

2013 Sport CVT with Goodyear Eagle LS tires

Ok to rotate at 10k? Dealer did not rotate at my first oil change at 5k. Dealer said we will rotate at your next oil change at 10k. Goodyear says rotate at 5k. Will this void tire warranty? These tire companies are sticklers!

Thanks team! :thmsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
the only warranty issue ive had to deal with on tires was a set i purchased through Discount Tire... they're so customer friendly with regards to service post purchase that rotations not on the manuf recommended interval werent a problem...

my personal opinion, if you're concerned about the warranty on the Goodyear's, take your car to a shop like Discount that documents your visit or try and talk the dealer you bought the car from for doing it for free... takes 10 min. regardless, rotating your tires regularly and maintaining appropriate PSI will help tremendously in extending the life of your tires.

good luck

·
Registered
514 Posts
just rotate them every other oil change... there is nothing special about your sport or any other car honda makes..... jeebus christa
If you are following the MM, you should be getting approx 7k by the time it gets down to 15%. I would just do rotations at each oil change.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
480 Posts
Lots of people will go 10k before getting their first oil change and I can't imagine anyone actually goes in at 5k just to get the tires rotated and nothing else. But if it's bothering you bad enough that the answers in the other thread didn't satisfy you, then I'd recommend going somewhere and spending the $15-20 (I'm guessing) to get them rotated. Otherwise you can just get your next oil change at 10k and get them rotated then.

I'll rotate mine at 5k because it only takes a few minutes to do it myself and I enjoy doing that kind of work. If I wasn't doing it myself, I would just have it done at each oil change, which would be every 10k-ish.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ill rotate mine every 5000 miles(doing it myself until i get a new set of tires that will include free rotation/balancing). I want my tires to last at least 30,000 before I put a new set on.
Does anyone have any numbers on what they are getting from the Goodyear's that come from the factory on the Sport? I know the car is less than a year old, but some people on here put on some serious miles. I have 4300 on mine and am hoping to get somewhat decent life out of them, even though factory tires usually tend to wear out quicker.

·
2013 Honda Accord EX-L I4
7 Posts
Over the years I've become kind of lazy about rotating my tires. Every time I change my oil I check the tread depth with a gauge. When I notice the fronts have some significant wear relative the rears, then I swap them.

My theory is that it doesn't matter how frequently you rotate them as long as you can get the fronts and rears to where out at the same time and I'm able to do that by monitoring the depth with a gauge. I may go more than 20,000 before my first rotation.

Any opinions on that?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Does anyone have any numbers on what they are getting from the Goodyear's that come from the factory on the Sport? I know the car is less than a year old, but some people on here put on some serious miles. I have 4300 on mine and am hoping to get somewhat decent life out of them, even though factory tires usually tend to wear out quicker.

I would guess at least 30k if you rotate properly and your not squealing tires day in and out. I don't expect them to last 40 or 50k since they are a lower profile tire.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Looking at Tire Rack's website, the wear rating on the Eagle LS is 360. I think that is pretty low.
Yeah they are fairly soft, but you expect that on a touring performance tire. I just didn't know if anyone had any real world numbers yet on them or it's too soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.