Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock tires on my wife's 2018 Sport 1.5 need replacing already. She daily drives the car and we usually use it for our road trips. I want to up the size a little to a 245/40R19 tire to help protect the wheels which are already all curb checked. I always purchase my tires from @Discount Tire, their customer service has always been great and having a few stores local to me makes it more convenient. Looking for a good all season tire, located down in South Texas so snow is not a issue down here. Few of the tires I'm currently looking at are the following:

Yokohama Advan Sport A/S+
Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring
General GMAX AS-05
Road Hugger GT Ultra

Any of you guys have any experience with these tires? I'm looking to stay under the $200 per tire price point. Looking for a good long lasting tire that handles well and is good in the rain. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
VCM DELETE
889 Posts
DO NOT BUY COOPER CS5 Touring. I had these on my 2012 Accord and the tread separated from the tire (forgot the technical term used by my mechanic) as well as sidewall had bubbling out on 2 of 4 tires.

The company said because I didn't have records of rotation they denied any wrongdoing or warranty replacement. (But it was the dealer that put them on that I got the car from)
I mean this happened at like 4500 miles after I got the car. Totally unacceptable and total garbage tires.

I had Yokohama's on my older civic and liked them alot, maybe a little more road noise but great treadlife and wet traction. I cant comment on the General or Road Hugger as I never had that kind.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Thanks. I'm also looking at the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 tires. They seems to have good reviews.
^Good choice, as well.
You're shopping "Ultra High" performance AS tires, so I'd also suggest the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. It's hard to beat Michelin's overall performace and value, I say. Number one in the world for a reason.
I'm currently running the Conti PureContact LS(Grand Touring because I want lower tread noise, and better snow traction) on my '14 and they've exceeded my performance requirements.
We didn't have much snow last year but they've been very good in the pouring rain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks and I will look into them. At the moment the main 3 I'm considering are these:

Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 ($193 per tire)
Yokohama Advan Sport A/S+ ($183 per tire)
General GMAX AS-05 ($178 per tire)

I'd like to spend as least as possible but I do want some good tires that will handle well and last long.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Thanks and I will look into them. At the moment the main 3 I'm considering are these:

Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 ($193 per tire)
Yokohama Advan Sport A/S+ ($183 per tire)
General GMAX AS-05 ($178 per tire)

I'd like to spend as least as possible but I do want some good tires that will handle well and last long.
Of those 3, the Continental DWS.
They're number one on Tire Rack reviews, thus far.
(The Michelin was very close and had similar characteristics...)
There's not enough price difference between all 3 of those you've selected to consider the other two, IMO.
Continental for the win.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. How do you guys feel about purchasing the certificates from discount tire? Cost is $34.75 per tire which comes out to $139 for all four of them. But only covers them for up to 3 years. I've purchased the certificates in the past and sometimes it has worked out good and other times I didn't have to use them. Just debating if it is worth the extra cost.

Does anyone know if tires are serialized? I need 4 new tires but if I bought 3 online without the certificates and then did another transaction to purchase the other tire and added the certificate how would they know which tire that certificate goes to?

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
3,245 Posts
I run the ADVAN Sport A/S. Same size too. I’m not a fan of the Continental tires.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
3,245 Posts
About 22K on the ADVANs. I had the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06s on a Mini Cooper and had to replace several due to sidewall damage. Maybe unlucky, but I’ve never had sidewall damage with any other vehicle running any other brand of tire. It just soured me on the brand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks fellas for all the help and advice. I ended up going with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus tires. They were priced at $212 each tire and was able to get them down to $193 per tire and also got an extra 15% off by combining the military discount (10%) and online discount (5%). Will be getting them installed either today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Can you tell me how your Continentals have done? I’m looking for new tires for my 2016 v6 coupe. Thanks!
Is four days going to sway your current opinion on these tires??
LOL... I doubt it!
You are much better off reading the mileage based reviews on websites like: Tire Rack, Discount Tire, etc.
(and...those tires have very good reviews, as I mentioned previously)

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
4 Posts
I just had a set of 245/40/19 Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 Plus installed over the weekend, huge difference between the stock Goodyear's. I put the old version of these on my 8th gen si twice and loved them, got almost 60,000 miles out of the first set and I was not easy on that car by any means.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After considerable cross-reference research, I'd recommend these all season tires if they fit your budget:

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II
Michelin Crossclimate2
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus

1 - 17 of 17 Posts