Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 711 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part numbers:

(all bolts holding the original brackets and end-links to the frame can be re-used)

Front Sway (27.2mm): TL Base Model (hollow)
51300-SEP-A01 - SPRING, FR. STABILIZER - 1x
51306-SEP-A01 - BUSH, FR. STABILIZER HOLDER - 2x
51308-SDA-A00 - BRACKET, FR. STABILIZER - 2x

Front Sway (27.2mm): TL Type-S 6MT (solid)
51300-SEP-A21 - SPRING, FR. STABILIZER - 1x
51306-SEP-A01 - BUSH, FR. STABILIZER HOLDER - 2x
51308-SDA-A00 - BRACKET, FR. STABILIZER - 2x

Rear Sway (20mm): TL Type-S 6MT (use this if you ARE upgrading the front sway bar)
52300-SEP-A11 - SPRING, RR. STABILIZER - 1x
52308-S3M-A00 - HOLDER - 2x
52306-SEP-A11 - BUSH, RR. STABILIZER HOLDER - 2x

Rear Sway (17mm) TL Base model (use this if you DO NOT plan to upgrade the front sway bar)
52300-SEP-A03, 17mm Bar -1x (p/n for 2005 base TL)
52306-SEP-A02, Bushing -2x
52308-S3M-A00, Holder -2x

If you are so inclined to upgrade to the heavier duty and newer end-link:

See http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/jonathan789/2008-06-20_232627_swaybar.pdf TSB for details
Rear stablizer link kit (includes both links and new self-locking nuts)
P/N 06523-S84-A00, H/C 8019309

Individual parts contained in the kit
1 of 52320-SDA-A01
1 of 52325-SDA-A01
2 of 90002-S10-000(upper bolts)
2 of 90212-SA5-003(lower bolts)

My personal opinion:

The TL Type-S front and rear sway bar combination gave me back the ideal handling characeterstics I was looking for.

Discussion threads and other instructions:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25867&highlight=tl+sway+bar (User opinions)
http://import.neuspeed.com/media/attachments/3_15.20.27.2.pdf (Neuspeed installation instruction)
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5086&highlight=sway (installation of RSB on an I-4 sedan)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/281873/2006-honda-accord-ex-l-sedan-4d/page-2 (step-by-step with images on RSB install on an I-4 sedan)

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
oh wow i was just looking into this literally today. haha thanks!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
i have the acura tl type s front and rear sway bars, its a very good combo! my car handles beautifully with a hint of understeer so in the case of a slide, the rear end will not slide out

·
Registered
798 Posts
whats this exhaust hanger everyones talking about? got a pic?

·
24th Gear
1,233 Posts
Is it true that there is a difference between the Solid and Hollow front sway bar? Meaning one of them has to be modded to fit? Or do they both just swap in with a PITA install? I heard somethin in the other thread about having to drill out the hole on the control arm or somethin like that.

·
Super Moderator
7,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats this exhaust hanger everyones talking about? got a pic?
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5086&highlight=sway

Is it true that there is a difference between the Solid and Hollow front sway bar? Meaning one of them has to be modded to fit? Or do they both just swap in with a PITA install? I heard somethin in the other thread about having to drill out the hole on the control arm or somethin like that.
The shape of the hollow and solid FSB is exactly the same, they are both PITA to install especially if you are not using a hoist/lift to get the car up high. Very few people have gone through the trouble of drilling out some holes and use larger bolts etc., most (I'd guess 98%+) of the people, myself included, just reused the fasteners as they come off the car, still no issues some 3.5 years later, there has also been no reports that I am aware of with others who also used the same hardware finding issues after driving the car, so you be the judge if drilling out holes and changing hardware is necessary.

·
24th Gear
1,233 Posts
Awesome, thanks Av. Hopefully I'll get both on some point this summer. Might just take it somewhere to get the front put on, one of my control arm bushings is shot anyway, so prolly have em do it while they got it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gracias! This is now a complete resource! Glad to see my request to clean this up got heard.

As for my review, it's sort of assumptive at this point. I've got the 20mm rear, and the 27.2 solid with the TL-S endlinks - but everything else suspension wise is stock. With my center of gravity still similar to a Ford F250, I'm still not confident enough in the car to take the turns very aggressively yet. However, this combination is a significant increase in sway reduction over stock IMO. The rear does feel like it wants to get out a little bit if I corner too fast, but overall, a great improvement.

As for the endlink concern. I broke my stock one's on the first test drive. The TL-S endlinks are far 'beefier'. I'll post pictures later.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I feel like a complete idiot, after cross checking the part numbers with my already received Park Acura invoice part numbers, I noticed that I ordered the 51300-SEP-A31 front sway bars (07-08 TL base) instead of the the 51300-SEP-A01, during my research I remember on V6P there was a major debate going on at the time saying that the hollow one did not require the drilling, while a solid one did, so that is the reason why i went with the A31... Now I wonder if i actually sway bar would actually fit...

·
24th Gear
1,233 Posts
Do you mean A21? Like AV said, both bars are the same, one is just hollow but both should bolt up no problem (well PITA install but still the same). I got my front bar and its the A21, but I need a control arm bushing replaced, so I'm just gonna take the car in somewhere and have them put the FSB while its up. :D

The rear should be coming tomorrow, prolly put that on Thursday night, we'll see.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I mean, I bought A31 when I wanted A21, the only difference between the A31 and A21, is the year model. A31 is for 07-08 while A21 is 04-06. I should not have a problem with the install other than it being a PITA right? Im not that much of a handy man, which is why I purchased parts that should bolt up without any modifications such as drilling.

And you will not be disappointed with the rear sways Accordguy, it makes the car THAT much more fun to drive =]

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from acurapartswarehouse including two sets of the 17MM rear swaybar hardware.

52300-SEP-A03SPRING, RR. STABILIZER 2 31.73 63.46
52306-SEP-A02BUSH, RR. STABILIZER HOLDER (17MM) 4 1.73 6.92
52308-S3M-A00HOLDER, STABILIZER BUSH 4 .86 3.44

·
Registered
47 Posts
I plan on doing this for my 2003 i4 but can't seem to find instructions only. The V6 replacement looks hard but from what I can tell the i4 swap should be easy? I don't see anything under the car which shoudl amke this difficult? Or am I missing something? I got the solid TL-S 27mm sway to go with my 22mm rear bar. It was really cheap, so I figured wy not.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I don't think there is much difference in installing the front bar between the V6 & I4. The very 1st post has an instruction pdf (the Neuspeed one) that should show you how to do it. Most of the difficulty is related to getting the bracket (stabilizer holder) off and on and getting the sway bar out and back in. For your sake I hope the 4 cylinder install is a little easier, but I doubt it. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
7,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I plan on doing this for my 2003 i4 but can't seem to find instructions only. The V6 replacement looks hard but from what I can tell the i4 swap should be easy? I don't see anything under the car which shoudl amke this difficult? Or am I missing something? I got the solid TL-S 27mm sway to go with my 22mm rear bar. It was really cheap, so I figured wy not.
You mean the 20mm? There is no Acura OEM 22mm RSB, unless you are talking about aftermarket RSB, if that's the case and you have the I4, I'd be careful not to push the car too much with a false sense of security since the I4 inherently will have less understeer to start off with than the V6 due to the weight bias of the V6 in the front of the car, your lighter I4 with less understeer and 22mm RSB which will reduce that understeer even less, i.e. more oversteer at the edge of the envelope, is not something I would personally want.

Just be sensible when you drive bearing in mind of your tires and road conditions, the sway bars are a great improvement to the handling of the Accords, but it's not a silver magic bullet to a front wheel drive car designed for the masses.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You mean the 20mm? There is no Acura OEM 22mm RSB, unless you are talking about aftermarket RSB, if that's the case and you have the I4, I'd be careful not to push the car too much with a false sense of security since the I4 inherently will have less understeer to start off with than the V6 due to the weight bias of the V6 in the front of the car, your lighter I4 with less understeer and 22mm RSB which will reduce that understeer even less, i.e. more oversteer at the edge of the envelope, is not something I would personally want.

Just be sensible when you drive bearing in mind of your tires and road conditions, the sway bars are a great improvement to the handling of the Accords, but it's not a silver magic bullet to a front wheel drive car designed for the masses.
I have the Progress 22mm RSB which has two settings, I have the less firm (if that's what you call it). I was thinking of adding the FSB to make up for the oversteer? I have read this is a good combo? And no I don't drag race, however my foot has been much heavier lately with all the upgrades I have installed lately. Recently moved to Orange County and damn these people drive nuts! The cops don't even flinch if you are going 85 on the freeway...and if you are doign 75...traffic is passing you.

Anyway, I pulled the tires off and yes it looks like a bitch of an install. Might get my mechanic to throw this on while adding new suspension...I think I will need a stiffer ride at this point.

1 - 20 of 711 Posts