661 - 680 of 711 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Install the v6 strut bar?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I forget which vendor but it was from a dealer online. It was a gift but I think it cost in the neighborhood of 125 dollars. Worth every penny

·
Registered
20 Posts
Clarifying questions on end links:

-- Stock Accord links are 10mm bolt? Stock TL-S links are 12?

-- Presumably this applies to both OEM and aftermarket (Moog)?

-- If using stock Accord links (original or replacing them), will the 10mm be loose in the bar -- is the hole in the bar too big? Seems like it would be, but I see others say it's fine.

-- How difficult is it to drill out the control arm ... is it easy to get at on a lift?

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, I may be 'late to the party' but I'm always a sucker for a good, cheap mod. I just ordered the 17mm TL rear sway bar along with the brackets & bushings. I already have a set of beefy Mevotech TTX rear links on order from RockAuto. I'll also be installing a set of ProForged links on the front. I may upgrade the front sway bar bushings to polyurethane at some point, but this should be an adequate improvement right now.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ok, I may be 'late to the party' but I'm always a sucker for a good, cheap mod. I just ordered the 17mm TL rear sway bar along with the brackets & bushings. I already have a set of beefy Mevotech TTX rear links on order from RockAuto. I'll also be installing a set of ProForged links on the front. I may upgrade the front sway bar bushings to polyurethane at some point, but this should be an adequate improvement right now.
I'm not sure how end links will make any improvement, unless they are worn out, without upgrading the sway bar also.

Reactions: CarDaddy

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not sure how end links will make any improvement, unless they are worn out, without upgrading the sway bar also.
I'm hoping that the 'improvement' I was referring to will come with the substitution of the 17mm rear bar. The links are being replaced because mine appear to be the originals @ 115k miles and most of them have cracked boots. But I'm not gonna lie to ya'...driving on high-quality, over-built replacement parts that will never fail yields an improvement on my piece-of-mind. :wink

Reactions: Mapperman

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm hoping that the 'improvement' I was referring to will come with the substitution of the 17mm rear bar. The links are being replaced because mine appear to be the originals @ 115k miles and most of them have cracked boots. But I'm not gonna lie to ya'...driving on high-quality, over-built replacement parts that will never fail yields an improvement on my piece-of-mind. :wink
Those rear end links will not wear out, just remember to grease them every once in a while. I've got them on myself, seems bizarre to have to go buy a grease gun, thought those days were long over.

Reactions: CarDaddy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, this project has been almost 2 months in the making...mostly due to the fact that the rear sway bars were on backorder. I paid for it in January and it just arrived this week. The installation of the rear bar and all 4 links took about 2hrs...hindered by excessive corrosion on the threads of the original links. I also took the opportunity to swap my Blizzaks on steelies to my 'rest-of-the-year' all-seasons on OE alloys. I mention this because my first drive on the newly installed hardware was done while loaded down with said Blizzaks/steelies. But still, the effects from the thicker rear sway bar was very apparent on my 25 mile drive home. I've done sway bar upgrades on previous vehicles, so I kind of knew what to expect. I'll have a chance to test it out with the vehicle unladen tomorrow(Blizzaks since moved into storage). If this modification can make my Accord just 10% more fun to drive...it's a winner in my book.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I thought it might be worth mentioning that I've discovered a vendor that sells yellow polyurethane sway bar bushings for lots of Honda applications, including the upgraded sway bars in this topic. Unfortunately, my present board status does not allow me to post links. (Perhaps someone else can post them?) Anyway, the eBay seller is "siberianbushing". As the name suggests, the bushings are made in and shipped from Russia. While the listing terminology may seem vague, they do provide the Honda parts#s for cross-reference. I've used these bushings on my Audi A4 and they made a noticeable difference and were rather durable. Perhaps the biggest downside is waiting for them. It took 6 weeks for my Audi bushings to arrive...but it was worth the wait. These are the bushings that I plan on installing on my stock front bar.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I could not find Acura TL bushings here, only for stock gen7 Accord. The TL sway bar is bigger, no? The stock size bushings won't fit
Just order the bushings and mounting brackets from a dealer, or online parts dealer. It is not much money and you'll get the correct fitting parts. Problem solved.

·
Registered
108 Posts
+1

I ordered everything from an Acura dealer online and that was both sway bars, all bushings and new brackets. $200 shipped...I can't see why anyone would be willing to wait so long and save so little.

Just order the bushings and mounting brackets from a dealer, or online parts dealer. It is not much money and you'll get the correct fitting parts. Problem solved.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ordered these yesterday for the rear axle, they should arrive tomorrow and install them asap, then going to get an alignment done.

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
For your 2003?

How many did you order?
One set for the rear, nothing for the fronts. From what I've seen the front would require some kind of different ball joint system. I'm hoping they can do any needed adjustments on the fronts without an aftermarket additions, hope I'm right.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Only toe is adjustable on the front without buying adjustable suspension pieces. Only toe was out on mine so that was good.

Rear requires (3) sets of adjustable arms to get all the alignments done. There are (3) arms per side that need to be changed in the rear. (2) sets of what you have and (1) set with the ball joint end for camber adjust.

There are some bolts on the rears that allow some minor adjustments but I went full-bore lol.

One set for the rear, nothing for the fronts. From what I've seen the front would require some kind of different ball joint system. I'm hoping they can do any needed adjustments on the fronts without an aftermarket additions, hope I'm right.

661 - 680 of 711 Posts