Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

701 - 711 of 711 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Dont have to replace the end links if they are good. The OEM won't fit exactly to the new parts, but it hasn't caused any problems. The TypeS end links may not fit into the control arm, so I would say use OEM.

Reactions: Midnight Mystery

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok, after a year and a half of driving with the TL base sway bar, new poly bushings and endlinks, I'd say it's just ok. There's less body roll, but don't be fooled by the slight understeer through residential streets, as it will oversteer quickly and start to spin out if you take an on-ramp way too fast. Overall it's more unbalanced and unpredictable now. I think stock is better.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
3,104 Posts
Ok, after a year and a half of driving with the TL base sway bar, new poly bushings and endlinks, I'd say it's just ok. There's less body roll, but don't be fooled by the slight understeer through residential streets, as it will oversteer quickly and start to spin out if you take an on-ramp way too fast. Overall it's more unbalanced and unpredictable now. I think stock is better.
Taking any curve “way too fast” will result in oversteer and loss of control in any vehicle. Yes, the car will be more prone to oversteer, but wasn’t that your goal in sway bar installation? Sway bars are only a part. Coupled with coilovers and some nice performance tires will result in a more fun driving experience, but will require more care/skill.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Mine with both TL-S sway bars seems pretty balanced.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have front TL Hollow sway bar and rear TL-S sway bar. The balance is way better than stock. I can throw the car into turns/ramps/roundabouts and the car will neutrally get tossed outside meaning the front and rear get pushed away from the centerline evenly (with 3 year old Pirelli tires). You will not get "out of control" oversteer with an Accord unless your rear tires are bold.

·
ziptie princess
1,652 Posts
seems like operator error

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently just bought a 2007 Accord VP, 5 speed manual. Once i get a job im looking into different modifications, the sway bars being one of them. I'm just curious as to what is everything i need to order to be able to install/upgrade TL-S front and rear sway bars? As I am aware the VP doesn't have a rear sway bar to begin with, and I am also a noob when it comes to suspension vocabulary. Thanks in advance to whoever answers me with a list of every part i need as that's pretty much what i'm asking for lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
have you considered reading the thread
Wow what a genus idea. Why didn't I think of reading all 36 pages? I read like the first 5 but I was kind of confused as to which parts to get. I know there are lists already, but like I said, I'm a noob with all this suspension vocabulary and stuff.

701 - 711 of 711 Posts