Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been wanting to get the TLS/09+ MDX camshafts installed and have been saving up for these for a while...went to the Shop i usually go to for major installs (Big Brake, Inspire Wing, etc)

i was worried there would have to be a "break in" period but he assured me i would be fine jumping on it right away. after 50 miles checking for any problems, first night laying into them and WOW!!...feels almost as good as when I got my J-Pipe done and the difference is considerable

i will be doing the recommended 500/1,000k oil change (full syn) and oil filter to look for any damage, metal, etc.

i still have to buy a Apex NEO with a boomslang fabrication jumper harness (thx ILobeMYHonda) but its a big difference even without

FYI, the shop also did a Coolant change (i brought Honda OEM), an Oil Change (brought Mobil 1 Full Syn & K&N Filter), plus a Gasket set they wanted to do included without any more fees. if you are in Colorado or can't find a better price than $600-700, PM me anytime and i will do my best to aid in the lower price

also, if you have the Cams or been thinking about getting them, i wanted to do it with the Timing Belt and Water Pump 100K service but that shop wanted $1,000-1,300 (highest). the lowest price i found was a guy who was doing work from home garage for $400 but definitely no guarantees

as of 9/2019, pricing was around a $1,000 total which is a big difference from $1,500 to 1,800. Details for anybody considering doing the upgrade:

2x TLS/09+ MDX Camshafts - $250/shipped - could be a lot more, luckily i got them from a great guy! :)

another OG Accord tuner who has them as well along with tons of other modifier/tuner parts:

http://halferlandperformance-com.3dcartstores.com/

Professional Installation of 2x Cams, Gasket set install, Coolant & Oil change - $660-700
Gasket Set - $68
5qts. Mobil 1 Full Syn Oil - $25
K&N Oil Filter - $10
1 Gallon OEM Honda Coolant - $20-25

helpful threads:
TL Type S camshaft Install done!

help with OEM Cams

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i would be disappointed if the numbers aren't a big jump esp. with the modifications i got on it...maybe someday

also digging the different sound esp. in top the end too

i been away on business but i wanna take it for a long drive and see how it feels then Apexi NEO with Boomslang when i can afford them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts